210 Accubond LR

We've killed more than 20 elk and a truckload of deer with the 142, 150, 190 gr ABLRs since they came out. From 50 to 700 yards we haven't had to track anything all DRTs. It's all I hunt with anymore.
I know this was almost a year ago but could you please give some details on your elk kills with the ABLR'S?
Specifically I'd like to know if they'll penetrate through an elk shoulder without grenading like a Berger or ELDM.

I'm looking into using the 142's in my saum, ranges are generally 100-600 yards where I hunt elk with that rifle.
Also kinda want to play with the 210's in my 30 Sherman mag once it's put together

I used the 210 nosler ablr factory round in my 300 Rum Sendero and they shot amazing! Great on game also . This was before I started reloading and picked up a few 338 's ! I still have a stack of them for the two other Rums !!
I shot a long range course with the Sendero a few years back and rang steel at 1400 yards with the factory rounds .
I know where my old Sendero is ...I need to get it back !!
I would buy them again for sure !

Rum Man
Would you mind sharing load data?
Specifically I'm wondering FPS. Powder & charge weight only if you want to.

I'm about to do another test at faster speeds. The first node I found with RL25 at 3050 was not reliable, gonna switch to H1000 and aiming for 3150-3200.

I know this was almost a year ago but could you please give some details on your elk kills with the ABLR'S?
Specifically I'd like to know if they'll penetrate through an elk shoulder without grenading like a Berger or ELDM.

I'm looking into using the 142's in my saum, ranges are generally 100-600 yards where I hunt elk with that rifle.
Also kinda want to play with the 210's in my 30 Sherman mag once it's put together
Closest shot on an elk with the 142 has been 350 yards or so, pass through both front shoulders found under the skin on offside still weighed 130gr. Shot a whitetail at 50 yards and one at 20 yards with the 142 both head-on chest shots one bullet exited out the hind quarter the other just under the skin near the b-hole. Bullet was intact but I did not weigh it. When I'm considering bullet performance on game I've found if it will work on elk then you won't have any trouble with deer or smaller game, but not necessarily the case the other way around. Also aren't Bergers designed to grenade and ELDM is a match bullet not developed for hunting?

LRAB don't grenade like Berger's. Ive shot three elk with the 142 out of 6.5-06 At 2900fps. They do shed some weight but not as violent as Berger's but not far behind either. All boiler room shots, all one shot kills. closest shot 60 yards, further east 300ish. Bullet typically was 60% retention and stop on off side hide, none have passed thru. Shank core stays together and front will shed or mushroom, i had both happen. They have been a good bullet for me. But like any bullet that's designed to open at low velocities when you push them hard 3200fps and have a close shot they are going have massive entrance and fragmentation but the shank should hold together

Last edited:
That may be why I haven't seen any fragmentation problems with the ABLRs. I'm pushing the 142s @ 2700 out of a 260rem and 150s @ 2800 out of a 280rem. I'd have to dig up notes to see what we were doing out of the 300s and 340. It's been years since we took anything except the 260 and 280 out of the safe. There is simply no need to punish yourself when either rifle will do the job out as far as I care to shoot an animal.

Thanks guys that's very useful info, in my experience shooting elk with ELDM'S and Berger's they pretty much behave the same, very rapid expansion creating shallow but massive wound channels and the jacket has always seperated from the core.
Not good so I'm looking to try the ABLR's, sounds like they're going to be much better on Elk

I used a 30 caliber Nosler 190 ABLR on a whitetail buck at 30 yds back in 2014. Gun was a 300 RUM with muzzle velocity just above 3200fps Buck was quartering hard away at 70 yards. Bullet entered right side at back of ribs. Should have exited in offside shoulder, but did not exit.

Entrance was a fist sized hole. Buck traveled 30 yds and expired.

The ABLR bullets are soft (Nosler claims expansion down to 1300 fps).

Someday I'll try the 210's but have yet to shoot anything, even targets, with the 210 ABLR.

I did use a Nosler 150 ABLR bullet from two different XP-100's on two deer.

One was from a 7 RSAUM with a MV of 2850 fps. Shot was litterally at 10 yds. Buck traveled 60 yards with no blood trail. Bullet sized entrance and bullet sized exit (had to dig to find the exit). I suspect this bullet simply peeled back to the shank before exiting. The chest cavity was full of blood. I don't have a photo handy of this one.

The next deer was a doe shot at about 40 yards using a 7mm BR XP-100. The N150ABLR was going 2335 fps MV and had an impact velocity of ~2275 fps or so. Exit was quarter size to half dollar size. Seems this bullet works well at this impact velocity.

32ACD469-5871-436D-BCE3-68EDC9D0B2C0.jpeg4ED767C6-F2F1-4AE7-AED7-CDC39643D2A2.jpeg3BE9AE27-917C-4517-A853-1B4AF6CA88F4.jpeg857F1A23-4D50-4F11-82EE-18D02591B0EF.jpeg

These are relatively soft bullets. However, based on reports here, seems they work good on elk size game.

Last edited:
Last fall I shot a deer at 300yds, slightly quartering away. Muzzle velocity was about 2900 with a 150 ABLR out of a 270.
Bullet went in right behind the diaphragm, out behind the left shoulder. Centered both lungs and clipped the heart.
The deer had the will to live. He traveled about 20-30 yards, then laid down and was out. Exit hit one rib, hole was big enough for me to slide a thumb through it without getting cut by bone shards.

400 or under 210 LRAB not really what they are designed for but nice to read LR members kills. 200 regular AB 400 + and under have huge following. If you reload LRAB they seem to like a jump.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts