20x FFP scope

Gobears16

So I'm helping a hunting buddy scope his custom 6.5PRC. I had him buy a vortex razor lht 3-15 sfp. To me it's a perfect hunting scope for its light weight and other features. The glass is very nice for the price point and easy for me to pick up the floating dot. Butttt it's not up to me or my eyes. He has the new tract Toric 5-30 ffp on his MPA 6.5 cm and likes the extra mag and the reticle thickness when zoomed in. He had detached retina surgery back in feb and it didn't heal correctly and has a really hard time focusing the center of the reticle.

His 6.5 PRC is a lightweight build, 6.2lbs without scope. The budget is $1000-2200. For him it's about being able to focus the center of the reticle and have the clearest target picture. Weight isnt a huge issue since he understands he needs a heavier scope to get what he wants/needs.

I put this rifle together thinking of what would fit me and I feel bad that the scope doesn't work for him. What would you guys buy or suggest. Thanks for the help!!

Sightron Siii 6-24 Moa2, it has a nice dot. That or possibly a Super Sniper 5-20. I say that because I have had diabetes for 32 years, causing eye problems and both of those work for me.

thoughts on vortex amg?

It's a great scope if you're the kind of guy who enjoys kissing their sister.

JK...buddy has an AMG. Didn't really run it through the ringer, but the glass was amazing. I mean when I looked through it I said wow. Couldn't comment on durability. It looked well built.

+1 on SWFA. I really love those scopes.

The SWFA's are very good, but you will need to find one second hand, they have been on backorder for about a year.
On the high end of your budget I would look at the NX8
On the low end Meopta Optika6
Cameraland is a good place to call!

The NX8 looks like a good Option. How bright is the daylight illumination? I've heard the eye box is finicky. Does anyone have experience with the NX8?

The NX8 looks like a good Option. How bright is the daylight illumination? I've heard the eye box is finicky. Does anyone have experience with the NX8?
Love the NX8's, I've used them extensively and just bought two more for some guns I'm working on getting together. One 2.5-20 and one 4-32, both FFP with mil turrets and the mil-xt reticle.The illumination is bright even during the day, both red and green. Eye box is a little tight but when the gun is setup right there are no issues. An adjustable cheek piece or some sort of riser to get it right is your friend.

Attachments

• IMG_6516.JPG
    IMG_6516.JPG
    859.3 KB · Views: 117
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.