204 territory today.

Ohlongarm

This bean field in one mile long ,small creek runs through it with a steep bank groundhogs are dug into it, this one was taken at 337 yards. I'm hidden in a big clump of foxtail glassing the edge with binocs,two down today, saw three.

Attachments

• mfs.jpg
    mfs.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 184
  • mfs1.jpg
    mfs1.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 166
Ohlongarm -

Howdy !

Boy.... I'd be makin' a mental note to re-visit the 1mi long field, when it gets rotated back to 'beans; again !

With regards,
357Mag

Ohlongarm -

Howdy !

Boy.... I'd be makin' a mental note to re-visit the 1mi long field, when it gets rotated back to 'beans; again !

With regards,
357Mag
Been hunting this place for about 16 years always produces, the ditch where the creek is where many are dug in, however there's several in the beans themselves dug in, the shooting will heat up till mid November as long as there's no snow. I've shot Gh's there in December ,with temps in 30's no snow and sunshine.

Ohlongarm -

That's the kind of stuff dreams are made of !

Great info and pix ! Don't get to read very much about late-in-the year groundhog shooting, and that makes your posts really stand-out !

Keep it coming !

With regards,
357Mag

Ohlongarm -

That's the kind of stuff dreams are made of !

Great info and pix ! Don't get to read very much about late-in-the year groundhog shooting, and that makes your posts really stand-out !

Keep it coming !

With regards,
357Mag
I'm going to try to hit it this week, however this thing called work always gets in the way.Another 500 acre field is cutting their beans Tuesday, this spot will be insane, I've seen a couple dozen by accident there.

Ohiolongarm -

Howdy !

With the long bean fields you have in your area, I am wondering if I might ask......

What has been your farthest clean-kill on a " Soybeanus Digestus " ? And....

What was the chambering/rifle/load you used to do it ?

With regards,
357Mag

Ohiolongarm -

Howdy !

With the long bean fields you have in your area, I am wondering if I might ask......

What has been your farthest clean-kill on a " Soybeanus Digestus " ? And....

What was the chambering/rifle/load you used to do it ?

With regards,
357Mag
I've only had the 204 about a year, Thompson Center Venture,1/10 twist rate,all stock except the trigger, sent the rifle to Mccarbo in Florida and they gave me a fine,2 lb trigger.Prior to that for many years I used my CZ 527 in 22 Hornet, it always has served me well,and now is my night rifle ,with a Digex 455 by Pulsar on it.Longest shot to date about 330 yards,a coyote about 400 yards,I carry two rifles in GH country,17 WSM,and 204. I don't handload ,all I've used so far on GH's is the Hornady 24 Gr. NTX,@ 4400 fps.Every shot has been clean with all rifles. I may switch to a 39 gr,Blitz King in 204 if the ranges start to exceed 300 yards.At about 350 yards a 4 inch drop roughly.

Give HSM ammo a look in Berger 35gr and 40 gr hp. I shot alot of the 39gr bking. But I have switched to Bergers. I skin my coyotes. The Berger does a good job. I shot a crow the other day out the back door. It was like u cut the crow in half.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.