204 Ruger options? Tikka? Ruger?

Tikka T3x in 204. Smoothest bolt I've ever had in a production rifle.
Tell me more at the WOA AR-15 upper! How long is the barrel? How does it handle? I assume accuracy and velocities are both really good. TIA!
you can get a 204 Ruger AR15 barrel at Wilson Combat. Swap out a 556 barrel for it. Superlative quality and accuracy.

I own two Tikka 204s, the hunter model and the varmint model. Both are absolute tack drivers and would not hesitate to get the compact. Tikka still makes the 204 in several models it's just that Beretta is not importing them to the U.S...

I have been looking at the Tikka and Beretta websites. Tikka only shows the 204 Ruger in the Compact model and Beretta doesn't show them at all. Tikka's website is a bit hard to use but, the rifle search didn't yield anything other than the Compact model and there is no contact info available, only Social Media links.

I have not hit one in the shoulder yet; but will try to on next one I shoot and let you know. Has to be someone on here that has though..... at 200 and 300 yards on soft steel plates it really makes a crater hole.
I HAVE.

How did it go? Good DRT or something else?
Mine was drt ,never stepped out of his tracks.Keep in mind at any given time different scenarios can occur,some can spin and run but won't go far,50 yards maybe.Some will spin like a top and then drop down and expire,usually when I draw down they go down,I'd rather pass on the shot than have a runaway.

At this point, all I care about is death as they are doing huge financial damage to my, and others, property. I tend to be live and let live but, when something is taking money out of my pocket, things change. Cow chasing dogs that kill calves is another that no longer gets warning shots. 🤬

Yes, I rain hell on them any chance I get with my 6.8SPC Six8, though with a suppressor and thermal scope at night with this heavy sucker.

Something a bit lighter during the day is needed as I have other things that need to get done when the sun is up! ;)

I put together one from a Stevens 200 in 223. I used CDi bottom metal. The 223 mag holds 7 in 204. It was meant for prairie dog but have not made it there yet. So it use it for everything else in the mean while. Criterion barrel

1591111835102.jpeg

Thanks
Buck

Dont over look the TC venture. Some of the 1@12 wont shoot nosler or hornady 40gr bullets. I have a 1@10 in tc venture predator and 1 in the black too. I know where a used tc venture 204 ruger is for sell. If the shop hasn't sold it. I wouldn't sell my 2.

I have been looking at the Tikka and Beretta websites. Tikka only shows the 204 Ruger in the Compact model and Beretta doesn't show them at all. Tikka's website is a bit hard to use but, the rifle search didn't yield anything other than the Compact model and there is no contact info available, only Social Media links.
When you go to the link attached and click on one of the rifles, for example the varmint stainless, after the next window opens for that rifle, under the pic of the rifle click on "select the right Tikka rifle". It will show you the chamberings available. But only the ones Beretta chooses to import into the US are available here.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.