204 ruger & 30gr Berger bullets.

204_ruger

Have anybody shot any of the 30gr? The 30gr is no longer made. I fount 2 boxes 100ct. I am going to try RL10 and H4895. How do ya think it will perform? I know it will work good on bobcats and crows. I know one thing keep it out of the shoulder. I can hunt them 24/7 365 in Arkansas. I dont care if they run a little . I shooting 35gr Berger now. Just going to try the 30gr.

Have ya shot any with the 35gr,that's what I recently loaded up,accurate as heck but yet to shoot anything except paper.

I am using tac and RL10. Both in my Berger book with max powder says 4000 + fps . I would like to see how fast but dont have a graph. I will try one out on some coons asap. As soon as I get a load worked up. Coons r eating chicken eggs. Shot one this morning with a 35gr Berger. It hit a bone it blew a big hole.

I hope they blow big holes in coyotes too. Here coyotes aren't worth nothing more than throwing in the brush. Shame too cause many have real nice looking coats.

In the winter I will skin them. But if I am doing damage control trapping in the summer. I will carry my caller and rifle too. Dont care if I hit a shoulder.

I was shooting the 30gr bergers for about 10yrs i stocked up on them, and now i shoot the 35gr using BLC-2 @3875. I have taken a few Coyotes,alot of P-dogs and Rock Chucks,Jack Rabbits

I ran the 30's too with N130 and it's stellar on bobcats. So is the 24 Gr NXT running 4200fps. I shot them mainly from a 20 Tactical but used the 204 for a very short period. I consider 20 caliber a Fox & Bobcat caliber.
Too inconsistent for coyotes for my type hunting situations.

I ran the 30's too with N130 and it's stellar on bobcats. So is the 24 Gr NXT running 4200fps. I shot them mainly from a 20 Tactical but used the 204 for a very short period. I consider 20 caliber a Fox & Bobcat caliber.
Too inconsistent for coyotes for my type hunting situations.
I've used the 24 gr NTX for short range coyotes,by short range I mean 300 yards,max,Hornady factory,drops em like right there,and their innards feel like and quiver like jello.

I wanted to try them too see. The loads I have worked up for 30gr haven't had time to try. I use the 35gr Berger on coyotes with no issue. 95% of my shots here well under 300 yards. I did work up a load for 40gr Berger too. I was thinking about selling all of my other brand bullets. Then going all to Berger bullets

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.