204 ruger & 30gr Berger bullets.

204_ruger

Have anybody shot any of the 30gr? The 30gr is no longer made. I fount 2 boxes 100ct. I am going to try RL10 and H4895. How do ya think it will perform? I know it will work good on bobcats and crows. I know one thing keep it out of the shoulder. I can hunt them 24/7 365 in Arkansas. I dont care if they run a little . I shooting 35gr Berger now. Just going to try the 30gr.

DANNY-L

Have ya shot any with the 35gr,that's what I recently loaded up,accurate as heck but yet to shoot anything except paper.

204_ruger

I am using tac and RL10. Both in my Berger book with max powder says 4000 + fps . I would like to see how fast but dont have a graph. I will try one out on some coons asap. As soon as I get a load worked up. Coons r eating chicken eggs. Shot one this morning with a 35gr Berger. It hit a bone it blew a big hole.

DANNY-L

I hope they blow big holes in coyotes too. Here coyotes aren't worth nothing more than throwing in the brush. Shame too cause many have real nice looking coats.

204_ruger

In the winter I will skin them. But if I am doing damage control trapping in the summer. I will carry my caller and rifle too. Dont care if I hit a shoulder.

KPB71

I was shooting the 30gr bergers for about 10yrs i stocked up on them, and now i shoot the 35gr using BLC-2 @3875. I have taken a few Coyotes,alot of P-dogs and Rock Chucks,Jack Rabbits

venatic

I ran the 30’s too with N130 and it’s stellar on bobcats. So is the 24 Gr NXT running 4200fps. I shot them mainly from a 20 Tactical but used the 204 for a very short period. I consider 20 caliber a Fox & Bobcat caliber.
Too inconsistent for coyotes for my type hunting situations.

Ohlongarm

I ran the 30’s too with N130 and it’s stellar on bobcats. So is the 24 Gr NXT running 4200fps. I shot them mainly from a 20 Tactical but used the 204 for a very short period. I consider 20 caliber a Fox & Bobcat caliber.
Too inconsistent for coyotes for my type hunting situations.
I've used the 24 gr NTX for short range coyotes,by short range I mean 300 yards,max,Hornady factory,drops em like right there,and their innards feel like and quiver like jello.

204_ruger

I wanted to try them too see. The loads I have worked up for 30gr haven't had time to try. I use the 35gr Berger on coyotes with no issue. 95% of my shots here well under 300 yards. I did work up a load for 40gr Berger too. I was thinking about selling all of my other brand bullets. Then going all to Berger bullets

Trending threads