204 ruger 1 bullet for all your hunting .

204_ruger

If you could only use one bullet what would you use. Predator, varmint, target so on.
I use 35gr Berger 99% of the time. I been shooting the 40gr Berger at paper. Only reason the 40gr help in wind a little. Plus the 40gr Berger shoots very well too.

39 grain SBK, my rifle really loves the bullet.....only shot 3 coyotes so far but no exit and 2 of 3 dropped dead. Have shot 2 badgers, dropped dead no exit.....shooting plates out to 500 yards, drops are spot on and they leave a good hickey in the metal even at 500 yards. Will know more by december, but love the gun and it loves 39 grain SBK .with 29.5 grains Accurate 2520 powder.....rifle is a CZ Varmint. BC on the SBK is as good as it gets in .20 caliber. YMMV just my opinion.

39 grain SBK, my rifle really loves the bullet.....only shot 3 coyotes so far but no exit and 2 of 3 dropped dead. Have shot 2 badgers, dropped dead no exit.....shooting plates out to 500 yards, drops are spot on and they leave a good hickey in the metal even at 500 yards. Will know more by december, but love the gun and it loves 39 grain SBK .with 29.5 grains Accurate 2520 powder.....rifle is a CZ Varmint. BC on the SBK is as good as it gets in .20 caliber. YMMV just my opinion.
Hey, thanks for the tip on AA 2520. I bought some to try in my Swift, but didn't prove to be all that accurate. Been running the proverbial RL-10 and 39 SBKs in my .204 CZ Varmint and Cooper; will give the 2520 a try.

Ryan you may want the 270 grain Triple Shock in a .375...................use the .204 to shoot the flies off their ears....:oops: you sound like you are right off that show "Gunsmoke"....Buffler.

Sounds good ,what happened to the third coyote,run off ,?THX

She spun around in circles, ran 40 yards and was dead, hit her behind the diaphragm at 250 yards(aka gut shot). Just like they do with a 22-250 and a 50 grain V-max bullet. Have shot a lot of coyotes with that combo.

Last edited:
She spun around in circles, ran 40 yards and was dead, hit her behind the diaphragm at 250 yards(aka gut shot). Just like they do with a 22-250 and a 50 grain V-max bullet. Have shot a lot of coyotes with that combo.
THX,you had me worried, I figured as much,had the same thing happen a couple times,but found them usually within 50 yards,they were running dead.A round I absolutely love is Hornadys 204 24 gr NTX,@4400 fps only dropping -7in @350 yards.Still enough steam @ close to 300 ft pound energy. a real laser,the bulk of my coyotes have succumbed drt with this mighty mite.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.