204 ruger 1 bullet for all your hunting .

have you been able to pop a wolf with the 55 gr in the Swift? I would guess out to 200-400 yards it would be lights out. 3 to 4 years ago here along the Front a rancher had a broadside shot at a female wolf (keep in mind she was probably 60-70 #'s) he was shooting factory 32 grain bullet in a .204ruger, 403 yards, ka-POW, she dropped dead, shot thru the chest. So that Swift would do that or better.
I would have no hesitation shooting a wolf with my 204. But I haven't had a chance go shoot one. Seems the situation is never right when I do see them.

I would have no hesitation shooting a wolf with my 204. But I haven't had a chance go shoot one. Seems the situation is never right when I do see them.
Amen to that,I'd have no problem capping one with my tikka T1x 22 ,if conditions were right. Good luck hope to see you posting a pic with one at some point.

I'm lucky to live overlooking a river valley and always have a bait going to shoot them off of. Plus I call some. Plus I snare a bunch. Plus a bunch are shot as a guy is going around the country side. Won't be that many this year, work is too busy. The kids have shot a few off the bait at home though.View attachment 226294
Impressive, all with 204 ruger? Farthest shot? Any get away from less than perfect placement?!Thank you for all your advice.

I have shot 19 since spring (13 of them this fall) and not one got away with the 39 grain SBK in a 204......... a friend shot a lion with same load, ka-Pow..........farthest shot for me was 401 yards, then 369 yards, both DRT. As soon as I get rings I am putting 6x24-50mm on mine to squeeze all the accuracy I can. Had a running one at 353 yards shot behind diaphragm broadside and he was DRT.......seems like there is enough shock transfer to kill them instantly even on gut shots

I have shot 19 since spring (13 of them this fall) and not one got away with the 39 grain SBK in a 204......... a friend shot a lion with same load, ka-Pow..........farthest shot for me was 401 yards, then 369 yards, both DRT. As soon as I get rings I am putting 6x24-50mm on mine to squeeze all the accuracy I can. Had a running one at 353 yards shot behind diaphragm broadside and he was DRT.......seems like there is enough shock transfer to kill them instantly even on gut shots

excellent bullet but just have to many dogs that was to big to stitch! If you aren't looking for fur friendly then it's the best bullet in my opinion

Shot a fox this morning with the 24 grain NTX, 289 yards, bullet went in at bttom of the chest, breaking both front legs, not really a test as I did not get it into the body well enough to do justice. Supposedly this load is going around 4400 fps......but I have not chronographed it. this is just something I am playing with for 1st shot calling, or on fox. stand by is the 39 grain SBK for me.

Shot a fox this morning with the 24 grain NTX, 289 yards, bullet went in at bttom of the chest, breaking both front legs, not really a test as I did not get it into the body well enough to do justice. Supposedly this load is going around 4400 fps......but I have not chronographed it. this is just something I am playing with for 1st shot calling, or on fox. stand by is the 39 grain SBK for me.
How did the fox do? after the hit?

Has anyone tried the new Sierra Prairie Enemy loaded ammo? Haven't seen any sign of those 36 grain Blitzking bullets being sold separately.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.