204 powder suggestion

I've loaded for 4 different 20 calibers and used rl 10x, benchmark, 8208xbr and n140. 8208 seems to be the ticket. Clean burning, stable, great velocity's and easy to get shooting good. My favourite small rifle powder

I have the same gun and really like 8202. It appears to work great in hot and cold weather. I tried CFE223 and it was very temperature sensitive. I don't recommend it unless you work up a hot weather load. I load it below max due to blowing a primer in hot weather.

I've shot nothing but 39/40 sierra and hornady out of 2 204 rifles and a 204 pistol. Love both but the 39 seems a little better in BC and consistency. I usually shoot to 800 with the rifles on steel and have only shot 500 on the pistol so far. H4198 and a 39 grain is bad medicine for yotes.

TC 204.jpg

I've found great velocity and accuracy results out of my Savage with TAC using Sierra & Berger bullets. Hornady's not as consistent for me.

JB

Im looking on a direction to get my load development started. I just bought a savage 12 vlp in 204 from a buddy and want to start loading for it. So far I got hornady brass and 32 grain nosler varmageddon. What primer and powder do you guys recommend? I would prefer to us a hodgdon extreme powder if possible. Thanks guys
BLC 223 works for my 26" Savage 12 F in 204 Ruger.