.204 45 gr. Hornady

4jake

Interested in how the 45 gr. Hornady works on coyotes. Anyone using this as their .204 coyote bullet?

I tried some of the factory-loaded ones, but they wouldn't stabilize in my 12-twist .204s. Until I can re-barrel with a faster rate, will stick with 35 gr. Bergers.
Would bet those 45 SPs would be better than the "splashy" plastic-tipped bullets on 'yotes.

It's a tough bullet and a very accurate bullet probably the best bullet for coyotes in that caliber. I've killed a bunch with them.

Kinda curious about this since my 40g Bergers kinda blew up a little too easy if they hit anything other than flesh.

They work well. I've probably shot 50 or more with that bullet. Like others said, it is tougher than the poly bullets. I punched through a shoulder and exited through the hind quarter once at about 175yds with one. The downside is that they aren't a real efficient shape, wind drift is bad with them. I shot them alongside my AR 223 with 55gr V max bullets that have a similar BC on paper and got several inches more drift in real life.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.