2023 Elk Tags Drawn

I had a deer tag in 2016 in 231.
Great hunt. Would love to draw again.
My son and I found success in 231 during
Screenshot_20230604-095558_Gallery.jpg
2020 with these two.

Colorado area 78 1st rifle hunt. Had zero points maybe this great economy has hurt the number of people drawing. But I am not complaining about getting the tag.
Wishful thinking. Like all elk tags odds are only going downhill fast. That tag was 93% with zero points just last year and dropped to 50% with zero this year. In 2018 that was a second choice tag.

That's terrible luck, especially for a resident but the maximum number of points possible is 32 after the 2023 draw. I'm a nonresident and I'm sitting at 22 points for elk now.
I have 17 Nv. 17 Ut. Max 23 I think it is now for Ca. Burned my Az. elk points last year but have 3 already from points. This years, Hunter safety and loyalty/extortion point . Co. only 5. We won't talk about deer , bighorn, antelope, bear, moose , etc.. Rich man's game.

Thank you for the encouragement.

I am continually get used to the external habits of the 215 Bergers coming out at 3025 in the winter. My experience at 1000 is limited to 223 and 308 gas guns with irons. This bolt gun thing with optics and launching 215s at magum velocity is something to get used to.

This is a once in a lifetime deal, I am not going to limit my shots to short range (up to 300) and mid range (up to 600). I will train hard, have 700 pieces of 215s to burn.

One good thing my buddy is an excellent wind reader. The spotter very seldom gets the credit, and I am just a trigger monkey.
Ha! I was taught the spotter is actually a better shot than the shooter,…… most of the time they were right. Best of luck to ya and hope you nail a monster!!!! I missed all my draws yet again with the exception of multi-season elk here in WA. (Only 14 years to get for me,… if it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all,…) Gonna take a month off and hunt hard. Still waiting for my B tag results for Montana. Probably burn the deer tag but elk is tasty. Great thread post OP!

Well it still shows 35 on my kalkomey points page
Well, you have worse luck than I thought because I called and talked to NDOW today and they confirmed that the maximum number of elk points you could have after the 2023 draw is 32.🤷‍♂️ You might wanna call them and let them know that they forgot to award you an elk tag somewhere along the line. 😤

Congratulations to those lucky enough to draw a bull in Nevada 35 points now and still can't draw a bull
Well, you have worse luck than I thought because I called and talked to NDOW today and they confirmed that the maximum number of elk points you could have after the 2023 draw is 32.🤷‍♂️ You might wanna call them and let them know that they forgot to award you an elk tag somewhere along the line. 😤
I'll do that tomorrow thanks sir

I have a 231 archery tag. This will be my first and only opportunity being age 60. How did you do last year?
Had a great hunt but wind was all over the place. Ran out of firewood, bought another $100 worth then ran out again so we called it after 9 nights of very cold temps. Left empty handed but was still an awesome hunt. Saw a lot of great bulls