2023 Elk Tags Drawn

1st time applicant, bull elk, Colorado 2023 1st season. Got notification today that I got drawn for area 71.

@Predator 22 encouraged me to put in for the draw. Chad, a member here came over to help me with the application.

Generous offer from Predator 22 to stay with them and to take me through the mountains. 71 is in his AO.

Still waiting to see. I put in for an incredibly low odd unit, with the plan on just hunting a general tag when I don't draw. If I draw that tag two years in a row (6% draw odds), I'm going to buy some lotto tickets.

1st time applicant, bull elk, Colorado 2023 1st season. Got notification today that I got drawn for area 71.

@Predator 22 encouraged me to put in for the draw. Chad, a member here came over to help me with the application.

Generous offer from Predator 22 to stay with them and to take me through the mountains. 71 is in his AO.
Drew montana big game combo and unit 20 late hunt in Colorado

My two buddy's in Az finally drew with 9 points . Last year I drew a 5A late tag with 12 pts. Burned them for nothing. Takes more points than that to draw my favorite 5BN archery elk and 5BS Archery. I'm done. Too many points in too many states.
I killed my 7x7 in 5BS, Archery, in 2008, day 13 of the hunt. I'm holding out for one more Rut Archery tag. After that it's Cow tags and meat hunting.

The point creep is getting pretty crazy everywhere. I drew a general elk tag in WY this year with 4 and got real lucky. I used to use SD archery deer as a OTC back up and now they changed that to a draw too. I've got 4-7 points in a lot of places but it's sure not getting me anywhere.

Recent Posts