2022 NTO Elk Hunt and Journey @737 Yards

What an inspirational story!!
I am 71 and my dad is 93, will be 94 in March. We hunted in Montana this year and it was a real eye opener. I have told my dad that as long as he is willing, I will hunt with him. We are under no illusions, it is not going to be easy for us to continue hunting elk. Reading your story gives us something to think about. We have never used a guide/outfitter service but it is maybe time for us to pursue that alternative to enable us to continue hunting.
Thank you for a very great story!!!

Great story and glad you had a successful trip. I am 70 and have had some health problems and was able to go this year. This is the first time I was able to go up the mountain in about 10 yrs. We did a DYI hunt and packed in about 3 miles. I was slow moving but made it in. We had a couple of younger guys with us that killed out early so they packed there Elk out and came back up to Bear hunt and help the old guys. There were two of each and I was not the oldest . I would still be up there trying to eat the Elk I shot if not for them. They cleaned and packed it back to spike camp and then one of them helped me bring horses back in to pack it out while the other one stayed on the mountain with the other old goat. I told them both that I was very appreciative of there help and just did not expect them to do so much for me. They told me that was what they were supposed to do and you do not see that much this day and time. Your story makes me think back on my hunt. I am planning on trying again next year and I am walking and riding stationary bike to stay limber and somewhat in shape. I would not give up on your chances of going again the Drs make new treatments and discoveries every day and it ain't over until you are done.

Thank you for such a wonderful and inspirational story!! It sounds like a special and emotional trip for all involved. It think the outfitter, guides, and God all gave a little extra on that hunt. Glad this was a trip of a lifetime and wish you the best in the future. Jason

Thank You All. It was definitely a life moment, and trip. One I'll never forget!!! The other post members tell about there hunts inspires me also. One of the treasures of it is the new friendships. Was so cool today that one of the other hunters from Miami called out of the blue!!!! I'm so Blessed. Again Thank Y'all for allowing me to share it. Stay Safe and Enjoy Gods Great Outdoors

Jimmy

A246F5EA-45F6-4E0E-A594-EDD4A9C05260.jpeg

Great story and glad you had a successful trip. I am 70 and have had some health problems and was able to go this year. This is the first time I was able to go up the mountain in about 10 yrs. We did a DYI hunt and packed in about 3 miles. I was slow moving but made it in. We had a couple of younger guys with us that killed out early so they packed there Elk out and came back up to Bear hunt and help the old guys. There were two of each and I was not the oldest . I would still be up there trying to eat the Elk I shot if not for them. They cleaned and packed it back to spike camp and then one of them helped me bring horses back in to pack it out while the other one stayed on the mountain with the other old goat. I told them both that I was very appreciative of there help and just did not expect them to do so much for me. They told me that was what they were supposed to do and you do not see that much this day and time. Your story makes me think back on my hunt. I am planning on trying again next year and I am walking and riding stationary bike to stay limber and somewhat in shape. I would not give up on your chances of going again the Drs make new treatments and discoveries every day and it ain't over until you are done.
Great Story Too!!! Your an inspiration to I'm sure more than just me. Sure is nice having some younger guys in camp!!!! Thank you for sharing. Ditto on still being on the mountain eating the Elk 😂