2022 elk

Congrat's on your success!Looks like you fellows up that away deal with cloudy,hazy,etec days. What scopes do you guys prefer on your SP's that you hunt with?FFP or 2ndFP ? Reason for asking is,here in Kansas ,most deer I have shot,have been close to dawn or dusk just in trees mostly evenig. The ffp reticals on my SP's are tough to use in low light at 200 yds and on with animals just in treeline,I do think a fellow needs adjustable eye focus and the smallest IR retical,like a Leupold firedot.(gLasses and cateracts here) rules out my NF NX8 and a several others with bright christmas trees .I looked trough several FFP target scopes at dusk at my farm.My hunting Sp is a rear grip,So,the heavier scopes make it more trying when stalking.I'm leaning towrds a Leupold VX5 2-10,3-15 with firedot.What do ya suggest?Thanks,btw, I did purchase an xp-100 bedding block from ya couple years back,works great in my Rockwell stock.

Mine is a remington xp-100 chambered in 7mm dakota, PTG 1-piece bolt, bartlein 9t finished at 17", Holland gen2 radial brake, factory trigger that had been modified, I built the stock from scratch. It currently has a leupold 3-15 with a tmoa reticle. I don't have many FFP scopes. Just not enough experience with them to have an opinion yet.