2022 Elk Hunt, where are you going

Gone and back on the road, CO is in the rear view mirror. Just hunted 1st two days of 2nd season. We were in an area both days away from base camp. Did not punch the tag. What an experience though. I will be back next year.

@Predator 22 a Colorado Sherpa in the mountain provided me a great experience as my hunting guide. Could not thank him enough for his help to this broken down 70 yo young man. Thanks, bud.

Our base camp is over an hour away on the other side past Groundhog Lake

Screenshot_20221030-172143_Altimeter.jpg

20221027_183703.jpg

Last edited:
We had some great luck on our 2nd season hunt in unit 5. I lucked out on this guy the first evening of our hunt. 426 yards with my 7LRM &175 Berger Elites. Hit him high in the shoulder the first shot and he took a couple of steps and turned around and took 4 steps back up the mountain and stood long enough for a follow up. 2nd shot hit him right threw the heart and he stumbled back a couple of steps and tipped over. We filled 2 out of 4 bull tags and got a big 4x4 mulie with the 1 deer tag we had.

Attachments

• 2022 elk1.jpg
    2022 elk1.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 2022elk2.jpg
    2022elk2.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 63
Gone and back on the road, CO is in the rear view mirror. Just hunted 1st two days of 2nd season. We were in an area both days away from base camp. Did not punch the tag. What an experience though. I will be back next year.

@Predator 22 a Colorado Sherpa in the mountain provided me a great experience as my hunting guide. Could not thank him enough for his help to this broken down 70 yo young man. Thanks, bud.

Our base camp is over an hour away on the other side past Groundhog Lake

View attachment 406334
View attachment 406332
I like the camp, how's the bell tent working for you? I have a big one 23' round, with a big wood stove. but I have not used it yet

We had some great luck on our 2nd season hunt in unit 5. I lucked out on this guy the first evening of our hunt. 426 yards with my 7LRM &175 Berger Elites. Hit him high in the shoulder the first shot and he took a couple of steps and turned around and took 4 steps back up the mountain and stood long enough for a follow up. 2nd shot hit him right threw the heart and he stumbled back a couple of steps and tipped over. We filled 2 out of 4 bull tags and got a big 4x4 mulie with the 1 deer tag we had.

Nice bull, were you on a guided hunt or do it on your own?