2022 Elk Hunt, where are you going

well be ready, the sound of the gun is like a ringing the dinner bell
1664470298317.gif

Picked up a leftover first season cow tag for CO units 6,16,17,161 and 171. First time hunting the mountains. Figured I had to start somewhere.
one of the keys I use is I watch the weather every day for a month before my hunt, the hotter it is the higher I hunt, and the colder it is the lower I go. I always go a week to 4 days before the opener, better to get out and scout, instead of going in blind,

good luck

one of the keys I use is I watch the weather every day for a month before my hunt, the hotter it is the higher I hunt, and the colder it is the lower I go. I always go a week to 4 days before the opener, better to get out and scout, instead of going in blind,

good luck
Thanks, I'll pay start checking it out. This was a pretty last minute thing for me. The mountains, elk and different GMU's were all a little overwhelming when I first moved here so I only hunted Nebraska whitetails. This is more just to get me out there and see what it's about. Not expecting to kill anything lol. Hopefully next year I'll be able to actually do some homework.

Gonna sit this year out. Still have some of last years bull in the freezer and it gets to be a lot of venison if you fill goat,deer and elk tags for just the two of us. Besides elk is my least favorite hunt. Call me crazy but at 60 packing elk aint no fun...,..Even when you gettem on the prairie😉