2021 SC Coyote Hunts AAR’s

What do you care what kind of scope I have? I'm way far away from you. Nosey Canadian.
You do know that this is a Christian chat page governed by STRICT VERBAGE LAWS..so I can't rightfully respond to this intimidation appropriately with the contempt it deserves 🤣
PRIVATE PM TO FOLLOW!

Been pretty busy with work., but I have been meaning to get these posted. I finally got a thrown together adaptor made to mount the Side Shot Gopro Hero 7 to my LR rifle. Side Shot only makes adaptors up to 34mm. The Henny is 36. Cow is roughly 350-400 yards out. A small handful of these scopes made it into the US with the H59 reticle. I waited and watched and snagged 2 over time on snipershide. They were still expensive, but not $7800 brand new price expensive. They are heavy and have big turrets but their compact size length wise is a match made in heaven with a clip on.
E7566C9D-0EF2-4AB4-9B25-BDE556664CCD.jpeg
C894836B-4CCD-469E-9E47-9D15E854C243.jpeg

I am still fine tuning the cam settings. The first coyote as shot around 260 yards. The light seen through the woods is a pole light on this farm. No structure is back there.

Last edited:
This coyote was ~ 240 yard IIRC. The image sucks because it was foggy down on the creek bottom I was hunting.

2497983F-E6E5-4FC2-BD86-BC63655D1E7A.jpeg

While it wasn't coyotes, this video quality turned out pretty good. I took 2 guys coyote hunting and we happened up on a boar, sow, and a ton of couple week old piglets. I let them have the first shots to try and drop the two adult hogs. When the sow didn't drop I stopped her from running. You can see the dust fly off her when that 6mmCM hits her. You can somewhat see one of the piglets pretty much explode when I shoot it too.

*watch it in the highest quality setting you can.

^ later that night those 2 had to go in early so I went and called another spot. I had a pair come charging straight in from about 400 yards. I swear I thought I hit record on the gorpo but didn't. The video would have been incredible because of how it went down but I got caught up in the moment. Lesson learned. They were running straight toward me and the caller. I rolled this male as he got right near the caller. Female got away.

E322F7DA-4C6E-45C0-91FD-C0E293AE93A1.jpeg

I made an order for a couple Bartlein 22 cal barrels through Tooley to be chambered in 22CM for the AXMC. I'm curious to see how it does with keeping the camera/scope on target vs the 6mm.

All the critters shot on video were Berger 109 gr Hybrids btw.

Hunt last night, coyote at 345 yards. I had trouble getting the LA-5 UHP into constant on, so excuse the illuminator flashing. 6mmCM, 109 gr Berger Hybrid. Watch it in 1080

I have had 2 hit with the 109 gr Berger Hybrid that ran a good piece before passing on my last 2 hunts. I shot a 3rd that was DRT with the same bullet. I only managed to get 2 on video though. The two coyotes tonight.

0E0D8847-BFE5-4678-80A1-6C270910AAE0.jpeg
5EC5E5F9-D6A5-44C5-86FD-C945FE92A060.jpeg

The top one is in this video. Just shy of 350 yards, ~ 1.3 mil hold.
watch in 1080p

One from the other night, don't remember the exact distance, but it was under 250 I believe. .2 mil hold or so.

This one was mousing in a cow pasture. Playing the video back in premiere pro, I'm pretty sure he is going to be high gut/kidney shot. I've hit a few now that the Berger 109 hybrids pencil straight through, but they will be dead within a couple hundred yards. I'll run back tomorrow and look for him. Shot was mid 500 yards, as you can tell by the hold.

This one was pretty close. I've been trying to get him for a while. This hunt he got up in some broomstraw and just sat there looking for the caller. Shot him between the eyes.

View attachment 259705View attachment 259706

You nearly blew his eyeballs out. How did you think he was gonna be able to see where to go when he was running away, you mean ol' man, you! Beautiful dogs. Gotta be fun.

Do all you coyote hunting folks sell the pelts? Do you have to skin them if you do? I know some pros that skin and stretch them for money, but can you just shoot them and sell them unskinned?

This one was pretty close. I've been trying to get him for a while. This hunt he got up in some broomstraw and just sat there looking for the caller. Shot him between the eyes.

View attachment 259705View attachment 259706

You nearly blew his eyeballs out. How did you think he was gonna be able to see where to go when he was running away, you mean ol' man, you! Beautiful dogs. Gotta be fun.

Do all you coyote hunting folks sell the pelts? Do you have to skin them if you do? I know some pros that skin and stretch them for money, but can you just shoot them and sell them unskinned?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.