2021 LRH Group Hunt For Elk With Non-Typical Outfitters

Let me see if I can explain. In 2021 there was a sizable jump in the point creep for Wyoming general elk. The general elk special with 2 points drew at 22% success, with 1000's of additional applicants over 2020 numbers. Not sure if this is the new normal or a spike in activity because of covid cabin fever. Another factor could have been all the international hunts with closed borders. Lot's of things in play, we are going to have to wait and see for 2022.
Thanks. I guess I'll plan on applying when the hunt opens and take my chances...

Was there only one hunter on the group hunt or were there others? I think we've only heard about the one fella who shot the bull. Maybe with the point creep and all there only was the one fella eh?

Yeah they didn't do the traditional "group" hunt. There was a few of us and we were split up on different hunts because of the point creep and some changes in season dates for certain areas.

Let me see if I can explain. In 2021 there was a sizable jump in the point creep for Wyoming general elk. The general elk special with 2 points drew at 22% success, with 1000's of additional applicants over 2020 numbers. Not sure if this is the new normal or a spike in activity because of covid cabin fever. Another factor could have been all the international hunts with closed borders. Lot's of things in play, we are going to have to wait and see for 2022.
It's absolutely a trend and it's going to continue. Call it 1/2 a point a year and I don't see it slowing down. So many new hunters, so many guys wanting to go west.

It's absolutely a trend and it's going to continue. Call it 1/2 a point a year and I don't see it slowing down. So many new hunters, so many guys wanting to go west.
That and states non res tags declining it's going to get ugly.. a tag that was 10points in 2008 is now 21points in oregon. It's just crazy!!

Kasey

Insert your state here.

Screenshot_20220418-074112_Instagram.jpg

Any members booked with Rob for 2022? I'm new here and already had a hunt booked before I became a member. Sounds like a Great Time and good fellowship!!!!

Any members booked with Rob for 2022? I'm new here and already had a hunt booked before I became a member. Sounds like a Great Time and good fellowship!!!!
Yes,

I'm hunting with them this year, along with my 33yo son and 25yo nephew. Elk rifle hunt in Oct.

Maybe we will see ya there.