2020 relief

• Thread starter Deleted member 108014
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 108014

So on the 1st of June i found out I drew my SD rifle elk tag. Fricken awesome. Short crop. All of October to hunt. June 3rd. I broke my ankle. Why wouldn't that happen?

Couple weeks down the road my dad gets really sick with lung cancer. By the 1st of July they say 3 to 4 months. So me, my uncle, and brother are there 24/7 with my dad. He died on the 8th of Sept at 330 am.

My best friend Tim, who was "guiding" me on my elk hunt and has a cabin and the whole 9. Says well big pw we don't have to go elk hunting with all your sadness and all. I said we need to go. This is perfect. We hunted hard. I missed a huge elk at 200 yards on day 2. Hit a log. Passed on several 6x6 elk. Just looking for the big boy. Found the big one and waiting for his herd to work their way down the ridge and some guy comes down the road honking his horn asking if we are broke down. ***. So a few days went by and I shot that sucker with a 180 grain accubond out of a 300 ultra and we couldn't find the elk.

Oh my. I was heartbroken. We had to go back home and go to work for a few days. Then on the 24th of October at 230 am my best friend and hunting and fishing partner pretty much my brother died in a car accident. He was the best person I have ever known. Introduced me to my wife. Just one of those guys you will never find again.

So I'm back on my feet. Last night my mom loses her 3 year battle with cancer. We knew it was coming and its hard to watch that suffering. She went peacefully at 9 pm last night on November 30th.

It's been a 2020.

I know at least 3 families that have life worse than me. And I try to help anyway I can. Just have to keep on truckin in these crazy times and let it work out. Sadness and sorrow aside I'm still able to put food on the table. Thats not the case for some people in America.

And in February the wife's dad died from kidney failure.. could be worse though. I know a 44 year old guy that was in icu for 39 days with covid.

So on the 1st of June i found out I drew my SD rifle elk tag. Fricken awesome. Short crop. All of October to hunt. June 3rd. I broke my ankle. Why wouldn't that happen?

Couple weeks down the road my dad gets really sick with lung cancer. By the 1st of July they say 3 to 4 months. So me, my uncle, and brother are there 24/7 with my dad. He died on the 8th of Sept at 330 am.

My best friend Tim, who was "guiding" me on my elk hunt and has a cabin and the whole 9. Says well big pw we don't have to go elk hunting with all your sadness and all. I said we need to go. This is perfect. We hunted hard. I missed a huge elk at 200 yards on day 2. Hit a log. Passed on several 6x6 elk. Just looking for the big boy. Found the big one and waiting for his herd to work their way down the ridge and some guy comes down the road honking his horn asking if we are broke down. ***. So a few days went by and I shot that sucker with a 180 grain accubond out of a 300 ultra and we couldn't find the elk.

Oh my. I was heartbroken. We had to go back home and go to work for a few days. Then on the 24th of October at 230 am my best friend and hunting and fishing partner pretty much my brother died in a car accident. He was the best person I have ever known. Introduced me to my wife. Just one of those guys you will never find again.

So I'm back on my feet. Last night my mom loses her 3 year battle with cancer. We knew it was coming and its hard to watch that suffering. She went peacefully at 9 pm last night on November 30th.

It's been a 2020.
My prayers for you
Hang in there my friend!

Remember God will not give you a cross to big to bear.

The young man was at the end of his rope. Seeing no way out, he dropped to his knees in prayer. "Lord, I can't go on," he said. "I have too heavy a cross to bear." The Lord replied, "My son, if you can't bear its weight, just place your cross inside this room. Then, open that other door and pick out any cross you wish." The man was filled with relief and said, "Thank you Lord" and he did as he was told.

Upon entering the other room, he saw many crosses; some so Large the tops were not visible. Then, he spotted a tiny cross leaning against a far wall. "I'd like that one, Lord," he whispered. The Lord replied, "My son that is the cross you just brought in." When life's problems seem overwhelming, it helps to look around and see what other people are coping with. You may consider yourself far more fortunate than you imagined.

After hearing everything you just went through my cross seems much smaller now.
Prayers from PA hope the new yr brings you peace and a smaller cross too.
Shep

The simple fact that you can come on here and tell all of us about these awful things you have had to endure tells me you are a strong god fearing man and will emerge from this past year with a renewed hope and strong heart sorry for all of your losses stay strong and press on

MAN! that is just horrible to read/hear. The good news is, if your willing - you do have support around you, you just need to find it. lean on your wife, afterall they are our best friends and are willing to endure the hardest times with us.

Losing our loved ones is something i wish on NO ONE. just know, with every day gone by brings little small amounts of healing! the good news is, we as believers know we will see them again!!!!

Jesus Christ man...that's awful. I thought I had a rough 2020. I'll never complain again after what you've been through. Good luck, god speed, and things will get better.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.