2020 Hunting thus far.

Well so far season is shaping up. I killed a nice spring bear for WY and with my 6.5 Sherman . I also killed my best mule deer every archery hunting.
My wife and I drew antelope tags and had a bitter sweet hunt as a week prior our Lab was diagnosed with fast growing cancer. As I was wallowing in my beer my wife suggested we just road hunt with him as it would be his last trip. So we left Thursday morning. It was good hunt as she killed a good goat at 346 yards with her Creed and the next day I used her rifle to fetch one at 702 yards. I didn't take my rifle as I wasn't in the uber hunting mode and he stood on the ridge way to long. This was all on done by Saturday and ended up putting Drake down on Monday.
RIP Big Drake
Ok well wife has a deer tag and we got her on to her first mule deer and it was a good one for us. Shot at about 140 yards. That was also her first antelope.
Our son and I have quality elk tags and both drew an extra white tail buck tag so we will see here in WY. The wife and I will be going to Illinois for white tail in December so more to follow

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing and sorry for your loss, we put our lab down a month ago and it really sucks

on a way better note what bullet you kill that bear with out of your Sherman

No hunting so far in CA. Most of the forests have been closed down due to fires. May be able to get out for some birds.

Update. Old war horse down. I won't hunt that area again as we had to pack him 2500 feet up!

Attachments

• Resized952020101695105425.jpg
    Resized952020101695105425.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Resized952020101695183803.jpg
    Resized952020101695183803.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 43
Awesome year and sorry about your dog. I had to put my beagle down June 3rd this year. Absolutely ruined me.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.