2019 Wyoming Whitetail

06mauser

I had one night to hunt before leaving for a week on a steelhead trip in Michigan. So I went out for our opening night of Wyoming general deer season. Watched a few mule deer does picking through the frozen sugar beets for awhile, couple of smaller mule deer bucks joined them. I contemplated taking the bigger one when finally the whitetails started coming into the field. First there were two small forkies, then a few does and fawns came out. I continued glassing the field when I saw tines coming out of the grass. He then spun around and ran back into the draw. I'm was watching the area very closely when I see a doe come running out with the buck right behind her. The buck followed the doe all the way to the rest of the whitetail group in the middle of the sugar beet field. He began nibbling on the frozen beets and I got a range on him, it was only a 230 yds. The buck was slightly quartered toward me and I put my cross hairs just behind the crease. One shot with the 28 Nosler and 165 gamechangers put a thump on him and sent him right to the ground. Entrance wound was about the size of a quarter and exit was about the size of a silver dollar. Like last year this combo has really worked for me.

Attachments

• 11579.jpeg
    11579.jpeg
    542.4 KB · Views: 267
Darn nice Whitetail.....Congrats! It appears that 1 day is all you need! So.....did you do any good fishing? ;) memtb

So that's a Fish! Along with my many other "renowned failures". ....fishing tops the list!

Thanks..... nice fish and good photos! memtb

We fished from the 4th to the 9th. First 3 days on the Muskegon, 1 day on the White, and 1 day on the Pierre Marquette. I landed 9 stlhd on the Muskegon. Hooked up on one on the White and caught a lot of juveniles and browns. The last 2 pics are from the PM.
Those repros are pretty cool.

The first one is a 39" skin mount....the second a 12# hen repro...the dual are each 39" repros....

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.