2019 Team Hammer South Africa group hunt

With what I read about the political state in Africa right now..I'll stay home.
Seizing property and assets..Nope..
We talked with Tino (owner of Trophy Game Safari) about that in depth. He says it is no diff than it has ever been. The US press sensationalizes and blows out of proportion the things that are going on there. They hate our fake news just like we do.

Please find attached a letter sent to the PHASA President from the Chief Executive Officer of the Tourism Business Council of South Africa (TBCSA) regarding Land Expropriation in South Africa

Date: 19 December 2018

Subject: Land Expropriation in South Africa

Dear Mr. Dries Van Coller

The issue of land expropriation without compensation has been in the public domain in South Africa for some time and it has caused confusion on how it will work. The President of South Africa Cyril Ramaphosa explained on the 23 August 2018 in parliament on how it will work.

I have attached the video link:

https://www.news24.com/Video/SouthA...ins-how-land-expropriation-will-work-20180823

Land expropriation will involve mainly releasing land that is owned by Local Government, State Owned Enterprises, Provincial Government, and National Government. This land will be given to people who don't have land in mainly urban areas. Privately owned land that is not being used will also be identified and a mechanism will be put in place to acquire the land.

Land that is privately owned like game farms, lodges, and other tourism related attraction is not identified to be expropriated. There are no plans immediately or long term to expropriate such land. There also no plans to take privately owned land as the constitution and other laws of the land doesn't not allow.

All the guest that are coming from various international countries for any tourism related activities are welcomed in South Africa, and all activities including hunting will continue as normal.

Sincerely

Tshifhiwa Tshivhengwa
Chief Executive Officer

I have been twice, the first time on a 6 week work assignment of which unfortunately was not able to hunt. The second was with TGS and David was instrumental in getting everything arranged on this side of the pond. At no time did I ever feel unsafe during both trips, as long as you do what you are told...BTW you are much safer there than you would be in Chicago...

Went over to my friend's house today...he just got these delivered. He now needs a bigger living room to hang them on the wall...almost need to make them look like they are coming out of the floor, like over a ridge.

Attachments

• IMG_20190606_1356312_rewind_kindlephoto-83040277.jpg
    IMG_20190606_1356312_rewind_kindlephoto-83040277.jpg
    913.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20190606_1356398_rewind_kindlephoto-83064422.jpg
    IMG_20190606_1356398_rewind_kindlephoto-83064422.jpg
    915.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20190606_1357004_rewind_kindlephoto-83119252.jpg
    IMG_20190606_1357004_rewind_kindlephoto-83119252.jpg
    743.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20190606_1358016_rewind_kindlephoto-83186212.jpg
    IMG_20190606_1358016_rewind_kindlephoto-83186212.jpg
    567.9 KB · Views: 60
Went over to my friend's house today...he just got these delivered. He now needs a bigger living room to hang them on the wall...almost need to make them look like they are coming out of the floor, like over a ridge.
Very cool!

I need to start another thread for the Team Hammer Safari.

Brian and I tried to push the envelope last winter and put together a group hunt with too short of a time to work with for this summer 2019. We just got conformation on dates for 2020 group hunt. We will be hunting Aug 3-11 2020. The set up hunt packages will remain the same as what I posted in this thread. And of course if an individual wants a particular animal(s) not on the lists, that can be done. We have room for 6 hunters plus Brian and I as well as 6 more observers, if someone wants to bring a non hunting partner along (wife). We have 2 or 3 guys that look pretty committed now. If we get enough interest then Brian and I will split up and go with 2 separate groups.

Africa is not out of reach. Really much more economical than a trip in the states for only 1 species. Trip to Africa all in can be done for under 10k including taxidermy and air fair.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts