2018 mule deer

tmmcampbell

My son drew a very good mule deer hunt in Oregon. We spent all summer practicing our long range shooting. He was shooting a 6.5 creedmoore out of a tikka t3 with a leupold mark 4 on top. He was consistently hitting his mark at 700 yards our self imposed range for this hunt. Spent much time glassing beautiful country.
upload_2018-11-20_21-35-55.jpeg

upload_2018-11-20_21-36-32.jpeg

Passed up several smaller 4x4 and a 33" 3x3. The 3x3 was very heavy and carried his mass all the way to the tips. He was very tempting. Also passed on a large 30" forked horn with a white face. Guessing he was 10 years old.

As luck would have it we got within 120 yards of his buck. Not the shot we were expecting. We were set up at about 600 waiting for the right shot and he dropped over the hill. We moved up and there he was. Great time. Take your kids hunting. It is better than killing one yourself.
upload_2018-11-20_21-40-52.jpeg

upload_2018-11-20_21-41-48.jpeg

I'm one proud dad. The buck is a 5x6.

Not a lot of hunters will pass on 30" plus deer, my hats off to you guys as a team, great job young man! And that Dad of yours sounds like the best hunting partner you could ask for, great pics and story, thanks for sharing

My son drew a very good mule deer hunt in Oregon. We spent all summer practicing our long range shooting. He was shooting a 6.5 creedmoore out of a tikka t3 with a leupold mark 4 on top. He was consistently hitting his mark at 700 yards our self imposed range for this hunt. Spent much time glassing beautiful country.
View attachment 110976

View attachment 110977

Passed up several smaller 4x4 and a 33" 3x3. The 3x3 was very heavy and carried his mass all the way to the tips. He was very tempting. Also passed on a large 30" forked horn with a white face. Guessing he was 10 years old.

As luck would have it we got within 120 yards of his buck. Not the shot we were expecting. We were set up at about 600 waiting for the right shot and he dropped over the hill. We moved up and there he was. Great time. Take your kids hunting. It is better than killing one yourself.
View attachment 110978
View attachment 110979
I'm one proud dad. The buck is a 5x6.
Man congratulations that awesome! How many points did it take to get that tag?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.