2018 LRH Group Hunt For Elk with Non-Typical Outfitters

For anyone not already signed up, I have just been notified by NTO that we are full.

See you guys next week...
Had an absolutely fantastic hunt with Rob Wiley, Jacob, Nathaniel, Courtney, Sarah, and the rest of the team! It was my first ever guided hunt and I had expectations and hopes. This hunt far exceeded even my greatest hopes. They made me feel part of the family and took me back to my teenage years when I used to hunt like this. They have fantastic stock. I rode a different horse each day and would have taken any of them home with me. Definitely one of the top 3 hunts of my life. Taking a beautiful, very old bull at 630 yards was just the cherry on top.
Wish I could figure out how to attach an image here.

Last edited:
Had an absolutely fantastic hunt with Rob Wiley, Jacob, Nathaniel, Courtney, Sarah, and the rest of the team! It was my first ever guided hunt and I had expectations and hopes. This hunt far exceeded even my greatest hopes. They made me feel part of the family and took me back to my teenage years when I used to hunt like this. They have fantastic stock. I rode a different horse each day and would have taken any of them home with me. Definitely one of the top 3 hunts of my life. Taking a beautiful, very old bull at 630 yards was just the cherry on top.
Wish I could figure out how to attach an image here.

TR
Did you ever get around to scoring him, he was a beautiful old bull!

TR
Did you ever get around to scoring him, he was a beautiful old bull!
Thanks buddy. I'm just not really a scoring type of guy. This was a really old bull on the downhill slide and because of that I don't think he'll score very high. His beams are only about 45 long so that probably puts him in the 310 range.

LRH Group Hunt for elk in the western Wyoming mountains in 2018. We have hunted elk with Non-Typical Outfitters 5 times including in 2017 (this is written before the 2017 hunt dates).

The following is what I wrote a couple years ago:

HERE.

A report on the 2014 hunt is HERE.

A report on the 2015 hunt is HERE. There you can read about what a factor weather can be in the success of a hunt.

And HERE is the story of my own hunt in 2015.

A report on the 2016 hunt is HERE.
================================

To reserve for 2018 you must first indicate in the forum thread your commitment to immediately send in a deposit check to the outfitter. Download the booking form HERE, print out and mail to the outfitter. Indicate on the Booking Form that you are signing up for the 2018 LRH Group Elk Hunt.
Bull elk hunt:
  • Hunt cost is $4,495 for two-on-one guiding or one-on one for $1,500 more
  • License cost is $577 (Regular Draw 2017), or $1,057 (Special Draw 2017)
  • Non-Typical Outfitters
  • Total of 8 to 10 hunters in camp for rifle
  • Bull elk
  • Rifle
  • 85% success rate but even better than that for those in good shape and good shooters
  • Drive-in wall-tent camp
  • Horseback each day
  • High country wilderness (7,000 to 8,000 feet)
  • Long Range friendly outfitter
  • Two-on-one guiding (perfect for shooter/spotter teams)
  • RIFLE - Oct. 27 - Oct. 31, 2018 (a 5 day hunt)
  • Deposit of $1,000 is only requirement until successful draw in 2018
  • Two elk Preference points needed in Regular Draw. One point needed for the more expensive Special Draw. (based on 2017 draw odds)
  • Wyoming general state wide tag
  • Buy one preference point now HERE -- by October 30, 2017.
  • You snooze, you lose!
I hope someday to get out of the east and do an elk hunt. This looks great!

I don't want to repeat questions, but is there any possibility on any upcoming group hunts with non-typical outfitters? Thanks

YES! We will be doing a 2020 Group Elk Hunt with Non-Typical. Stay tuned for more info...

That would be great. Currently building elk points and wanting to do a mule deer hunt with them also!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.