2017 whitetail

NRF

F714A7ED-DA08-43C8-AB20-FFC2D8E9CD5C.jpeg
Only 200 yard shot! 2 weeks earlier I hit him with my bow, he jumped the string at 67 yrds. You can see my exit hole from the rage above the blood from the rifle hole.
Netted 165 3/8

Congratulations on the great buck, was the meat on him still good? I ask because two years ago my brother shot a buck that still had a broken arrow stuck between the ribs and the front leg. We skinned him but the wound was infected and all the fat had a yellow tinge to it. We figured it wasn't safe to eat and ended up dumping the whole deer.

Congratulations on the great buck, was the meat on him still good? I ask because two years ago my brother shot a buck that still had a broken arrow stuck between the ribs and the front leg. We skinned him but the wound was infected and all the fat had a yellow tinge to it. We figured it wasn't safe to eat and ended up dumping the whole deer.
Thank you, I'm glad to have joined, great bunch of guys here! Yes the meat was still good, I hit just above the spine through the back straps, the weather was cold so it never got infected, I did have to cut a little bit of the back straps and throw it away otherwise all meat was saved, I was glad to get him with rifle.

That's great that you didn't have to ditch really any of the meat. I know from experience it sucks to have one get away wounded but it's good he came back around and you were able to get him while the meat was still good.

Recent Posts