2016 LRH Shooting Class With Non-Typical Outfitters

Discussion in 'LRH Group Hunts & Shooting Classes' started by Len Backus, Jan 7, 2016.

1. SCPDaddy

SCPDaddy Member

Thanks MPM. I'm not very interested in the whitetail hunting on the east coast anymore and what little free time I have for hunting I'd like to try to get some larger mule deer and elk. Being able to target them at long ranges versus the 10 to 400 yard shots I've had here seems very interesting and challenging.

CP

2. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Hey, guys...can't wait until next year for classes and for another great elk hunt! Counting the days.

3. mpm418

mpm418 Member

Hey Charley!
    your welcome!
    I understand where you are coming from.
    Most of the deer I have taken were 100 yards or closer, with really only one good buck out further than that. Most of the area where I hunt is thick cover that doesn't really afford long shots. When I went out west last summer I was completely astonished at the amount of public land, and the distances you can shoot to. Best of luck to you, if you have any questions regarding the long range school I attended last year, I'll be glad to answer them.

Mike Milbrand

4. mpm418

mpm418 Member

Just received email from Brenda (NTO) this morning with some dates for next summer's shooting classes, can't wait to get back there and build on what I learned last summer!

mpm

5. Len Backus

The 2017 dates are the last weekend in July and first weekend in August.

Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

6. Rblosser

Rblosser Well-Known Member

any chance of getting a class started in Wisconsin? possibly at Winnequah Gun Range

7. Len Backus

Sorry no chance.

8. Chopperguy

Chopperguy Well-Known Member

If you are on the fence about attending this class....

All I can say is you will not regret heading to WY for this VERY special training.

I'm admittedly prejudiced as I have attended and reviewed this for Len, however it was the BEST rifle training I've attended in the over 40 years of law enforcement and hunting training Ive ever attended.

So good that I will be going again before the hunt my party has booked with NTO for mule deer in 2020.

And I'm a "seasoned" citizen that really does step up the training while I still can!

Don't hesitate, go to this training while you have the opportunity, never regret what you learn and apply to your future hunting experiences.

Good luck!

9. mpm418

mpm418 Member

Hi Len!

Will you and Andy be at the August 10-12 Shooting Class?

mpm

10. Len Backus

No, only the J 27 and A 3

By the way, you should post in the 2017 thread please.

11. mpm418

mpm418 Member

Hi Len!

Please forgive my ignorance with posts etc. I'm not very forum and blog savvy. I'm disappointed I won't be seeing you and Andy this summer. I'm still in the learning process with long range shooting, and will definitely need help with the sight-ins and dope for the elevation I can't seem to find the sheet that Andy worked up for me so I fear I may have to start over and may be picking your brain on that. Please let me know what equipment I'll need to do that, and best of luck on your back-packing and hunting endeavors this year!

mpm

12. Len Backus

Are you unable to attend a class when I am there?

13. mpm418

mpm418 Member

Let me check with Brenda, see if I can switch to that weekend.

14. AdamRoth

AdamRoth New Member

I highly recommend this as well.