2015 LRH Group Hunt For ELK - RIFLE & ARCHERY choices

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
RIFLE HUNT or ARCHERY HUNT - 2015

This time we will have 2 groups.
One for archery and one for rifle.

I will be present for both hunts. I will be using my crossbow in the archery hunt. Wyoming allows them. If successful then, I will still come for the rifle hunt. In this case I hope to be invited to tag along for a bit with some of our LRH Group rifle hunters.

Buy one preference point now HERE -- by September 30, 2014.

[FLOATRIGHT]
first-bull-2014-nto-2.jpg
[/FLOATRIGHT]LRH Group Hunt for elk in the western Wyoming mountains in 2015. This is the same elk hunt that we did last October, 2013 and are doing again this October, 2014.

=================================
SCOUTING REPORT

Here is what I wrote in the Sept. 2014 LRH Newsletter:

"Ten days ago I returned from the mountains of western Wyoming. There I spent two giddy days on horse and foot scouting for elk with Non-Typical Outfitters' Robb Wiley and three of his guides. For me this was a preview of our upcoming *October, 2014 LRH GROUP ELK HUNT.

The first morning we saw 25 bulls. Twenty-two of the twenty-five were 5's and 6's and the rest were 3 or 4 point. Incredible. We went to a different area the second morning and even though it was raining with poor visibility we saw 12 more there.

Pre-season scouting is a huge factor in the success of NTO in hunting for big bucks and bulls. I felt very privileged to "look under the hood" and see just how they do it."
================================

A report on the 2013 hunt is HERE.

A report on the 2014 hunt is HERE.

To reserve for 2015 you must first indicate in the forum thread your commitment to immediately send in a deposit check to the outfitter. Download the booking form HERE, print out and mail to the outfitter. Indicate on the Booking Form that you are signing up for the 2015 LRH Group Elk Hunt. And whether it is the ARCHERY or RIFLE hunt. You also must email me when you have placed the check in the mail to the outfitter. Let me know your LRH screen name, your real name and contact info. [email protected]

Bull elk hunt:
•Hunt cost is $4,195
•License cost is $577 (Regular Draw 2014), or $1,057 (Special Draw 2014)
Non-Typical Outfitters
•Total of 8 hunters for each rifle and archery group
•Bull elk
•85% success rate but even better than that for those in good shape and good shooters
•Horseback
•Tent camp
•High country wilderness (7,000 to 8,000 feet)
•Long Range friendly outfitter
•Two-on-one guiding (perfect for shooter/spotter teams)
•RIFLE - Oct. 15-19, 2015 (a 5 day hunt)
•ARCHERY – Sept. 6 – 10, 2015, 2015 (a 5 day hunt) EDITED 1-9-15
•Deposit of $1,000 is only requirement until successful draw in 2015
•Two elk Preference points needed in Regular Draw. One point needed for the more expensive Special Draw. (based on 2014 draw odds) Although ZERO points drew at an 86% rate in 2014 with the Special Draw. CORRECTION: THAT WAS 86% IN 2013 BUT 64% in 2014 SPECIAL DRAW.
•Wyoming general state wide tag
•Buy one preference point now HERE -- by September 30, 2014.
•You snooze, you lose!

Last edited:
Bamboo, did you proceed and download and send your form and money?

biker... you understand the process?

Hello Mr. Backus, are there any open spots left in the 2015 rifle hunt? I have only hunted out west once before, which was an Elk hunt a few years ago in Colorado where I took a nice 5x5 in more or less a general zone where you could buy the tags over the counter. I am not very familiar with and generally confused with the ins and outs of prefrence points, prefrence point drawings, random drawings, etc. Especially after reading "All applicants will participate in the preference point drawing even if they have no preference points"

Could you tell me a little bit more about the system? I am very interested in joining the hunt if there is room left.

Thank you for your time,

Harry Tepe

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.