2014 elk hunt The conclusion with PICS

Nice bull. Your right the weather has really gone south. Sun. it was 60 degrees. Our high today was perhaps 6 degrees. Plus the snow and wind. Would be a pain in the mtn sunless you were really prepared for it. Good job on the elk hunt. Nice to read about it. Bruce

Congrats, I know you had a long wait. He'll eat a hell of a lot better than tag soup does and that's certainly not a bad start for your first bull, I know I'd take it.gun)

Congrats, I know you had a long wait. He'll eat a hell of a lot better than tag soup does and that's certainly not a bad start for your first bull, I know I'd take it.gun)

We have had back straps twice and he is a tough old bugger unless you beat the meat with a tenderizer. Also he isnt my first bull, nor my best bull.. just the first bull tag since 2007. and in 2007 I didnt even get to go because my C/O thought I would enjoy Al Udeid Qatar instead... I did shoot a rag horn on a general tag in 08 but other than that my last bull kill was probably 12 years ago. Feels nice to start that clock over!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.