2013 Waterfowl Season

webs

Ok I know there aren't a lot of diehard waterfowlers on here but I would like to hear about your 2013 hunts.

I have gone out 3 times already for an early depredation canada goose hunt. We shot 3 the first day due to no fields being harvested and having a majority of the geese unable to fly.

The second Saturday out 2 of us were able to shoot 8. We had issues with the geese not wanting land into the wind and it was a little warm at 90 degrees.

Last Saturday we were able to get on the X and with 4 of us we shot 41 geese. We should have pulled out a limit of 60 but we had 1 ten gauge Ithaca with a broken pin in the action and another that cycled only when it wanted too.

The real interesting things about last weekend were that one flock had 2 blue geese in them(uncommon til mid October). And another flock was composed of 5 pelicans and 1 canadien goose. I have seen them fly together but never come in to land in the decoys.

This Saturday is the opener for ducks so we are pretty pumped to get back out in the field and dump some mallards.

Waterfowl opens here tomorrow morning I can't wait! It by far is my favorite hunting season. Here in Minnesota I usually hunt over decoys on the water until about 9:30ish. After that usually go job pot holes. It's such a blast!:D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.