2012 Factoryville, Pa. Smallbore Silhouette schedule and info

top predator

I have received the locked in schedule for 2012 for Factoryville Pa. Smallbore Silhouette matches. Their website Factoryville Sportsmen's Club

The SBS section can be viewed for more detailed information on what's happening, scores, directions, etc. http://www.fscweb.org/2012 sb flyer word.htm along with a new photo album of our range and shoots.

Note that on the website schedule, April is listed as the 8th, it is actually the 22nd due to Easter Sunday.

Below is the beginning of the 2012 season thread:
sbssnip1.jpg

sbssnip2.jpg

"Shooting certificates" for Match winner will be issued to top scorer in each Division and shooter class:
matchwinnerexample.jpg

And to the overall highest shooter of the Division:
highestshooterexample.jpg

Will bump the thread as the time nears for anyone interested....

Just to bump the thread as the first shoot of the year is March 11 (next weekend) if anyone is interested in the area.

(Remember daylight savings time so your not an hour late)

Practice at 9:00 am, matches start at 10:00am. rain, sleet, snow or shine.

The club was also nice enough to allow me to add a picture section just for the SBS matches and highlights of the events will be added along the way.

Just to bump the thread as the next shoot is Sunday, April 22 (next weekend) if anyone is interested in the area.

Practice at 9:00 am, matches start at 10:00am. rain, sleet, snow or shine. First time shooters and junior shooters (under 16) shoot for for free.

The club was also nice enough to allow me to add a picture section just for the SBS matches and highlights of the events will be added along the way.

Last month we had 15 shooters, along with 6 onlookers that were interested in coming to the April match.

A bump for our May 13 smallbore silhouette match (MOM will understand)

Practice at 9:00 am, matches start at 10:00am. rain, sleet, snow or shine. First time shooters and junior shooters (under 16) shoot for for free.

Last month we had 19 shooters, along with 6 new shooters to either FSC or the sprot in general, and 1 junior shooter.

SBSMATCHAPRIL2012.jpg

"The Silly Silhouette" was introduced for each entry fee paid shooter or junior to participate in. A target position is picked randomly out of a container, if that target is knocked down, the shooter that hit it wins $3.00 for a chicken or pig, $5.00 for a turkey or ram. If not won, the pot rolls over to the next month's match.

Well, the next match is June 10. Practice at 9:00 am, matches start at 10:00am. rain, sleet, snow or shine. First time shooters and junior shooters (under 16) shoot for for free.

June and July is historically our highest participation numbers (20 + shooters), and with the turnout we've had over the last few months, we're poised for a really good turn out.

Last month we had 14 shooters, considering it was Mother's day, it wasn't that bad.

"The Silly Silhouette" qualifies each entry fee paid shooter or junior to participate in. A target position is picked randomly out of a container, if that target is knocked down, the shooter that hit it wins $3.00 for a chicken or pig, $5.00 for a turkey or ram. If not won, the pot rolls over to the next month's match.

Further information (directions, rules, COF, etc.) at the header of the thread and on the FSC website, the link also in the thread's OP.

A quick bump for our next silhouette matches to be held on July 8th.
$7.00 for 2 matches, new shooters to the club and anyone under 16 shoots for free. Also a chance each match to win a $3.00 or $5.00 prize if you hit the silly silhouette. Practice / sight in at 9:00 am, matches start at 10:00 am.

On a side note, the 200, 300, and 385 meter ranges (218, 328, 421 yards) may be reopened for next year at the club and entertaining a "long range day".

Another monthly bump for the Smallbore Silhouette matches held at Factoryville Sportsman's club in Pa.

Aug 5th is our next match, $7.00 for both. practice / warm up at 0900, matches start at 10:00. Oppurtunity to win a cash prize on the "Silly Silhouette" per entrance fee.

1st time shooters to the club / SBS matches and juniors (under 16) shoot for free.

Pictures of the range are above in the OP and subsequent bumps, along with the photo album on the FSC website.

On a side note, the 200, 300, and 385 meter ranges (218, 328, 421 yards) may be reopened for next year at the club and entertaining a "long range day" this year for members only as a "feeler" for full blown long range events next year, to include rimfires if so desired (possibly a "tactical" rimfire type match). If not santioned NRA / CMP / Benchrest / Highpower silhouette matches, it will be the only controlled practice range for those events that I know of in the area.

Will update as it developes.

Our second to last match of the 2012 season happens this Sunday Sept 9th. Practice / sight in at 9:00am, matches at 10:00am.
$7.00 for 2 matches, newbies and juniors shoot for free.
Observers and questions to see if it's for you for next year are welcome.

a quick update on the long range, it's gaining a whole lotta steam, there's a possiblity of having a highpower match(s) and hopefully i can piece together some very longrange rimfire match(s) next year....

Well, we have our season closer on Sunday, Oct 14. Practice at 9:00 am, matches start at 10:00 am.

The kitchen - with a killer menu and large portions - will be open.

I try to close out the season with a special side match for money, prizes and trophies, but demands on time and budget has not allowed me to do that this year, and the drain on the budget by doing the monthly "Silly Silhouette" prizes has taken alot out of the budget for a year end side match, but it does allow a lottery system of a novice and master shooter to win something.

Also the club championship prizes are going to be not as grand as I first
anticipated, however there will be a free match in 2013 voucher, probably a $5.00 lunch voucher, and if time and availability permits a championship pin for all of those that won their classification. If I can get them made, and if not in time for the match, I'll send them when they arrive.

But on the bright side, I'm able to (and will continue to) keep the match fees low.....$7.00 for 2 matches, first timers and juniors (under 16 yrs old) shoot for free.

On a side note, next year we will also be having the 200, 300, 385 meter range open for 6 events to rimfire and centerfire shooters alike. It'll be a great oppurtunity to see what your rimfires can do at extended ranges.

fscarielview-Copy.jpg

THE3BACKSTOPSFORSITE.jpg

SHOOTERSVIEWFORWEBSITE.jpg

I thank everyone that has supported the Smallbore Silhouette program in 2012, and hope that those who haven't tried it yet to give it a whirl in 2013.

Once you hear the "PING", Silhouette will become your thing"

Well, I just did find this place for trophies Trophies: Soccer Trophies, Soccer Trophy, Plaques, Medals, Pins, Football Trophies by accident, they even have a silhouette emblem to add to either a plaque or the standard trophy!

So I ordered the below plaques for every shooter class in both hunting and standard divisions, and fits into the budget.

PLAQUE-Copy.jpg

I know it's not much, but is at least something to add to the wall. The nice thing about the championship is that a not so top tier scoring shooter could actually win something by virtue of racking up whatever points they accrue through "faithfull" attendance.

We had a great season closer today, I'd like to thank everyone that shot at the matches, and those that took the time to read my post. The end of the season is always mixed emotions - happy to not have to deal with the paperwork and other BS, and sad NOT to have to do the same. But mostly will miss the "regulars" along with the new faces along the way.

In 2012 we had 39 different shooters and just over a 13 shooter average per match (1 more on average than 2011). Highest attendance was 19, lowest 11, with the majority shooting standard rifle division in 2012 in contrast to 2011's hunting rifle dominance.

STANDARD = 1 M, 4 AAA, 3 AA, 3 A, 4 B.....DIFFERENT WINNERS PER CLASS IN 2012
HUNTING = 5 AAA, 1 AA, 1 A, 6 B.....DIFFERENT WINNERS PER CLASS IN 2012
= a greater mix of different class winners than in 2011

Total income of $607.00....Total expenses of $312.00....Total club turn in of $84.00....Total payout of awards and prizes $210.00...Leaves a working balance of $1.00. Guess I'll save for that Cadillac next year!

Hope to see many more in 2013, I will post the schedule when it is 100% finalized and sanctioned.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.