2011 - 362 3/8 Wyoming Bull!

Tyler Sims Outfitting

<strong>Official Sponsor of LRH</strong>
It was before dawn on a crisp October morning and I was picking up Bob Peltier for his guided Wyoming elk hunt. On the drive out to the hunting area, I asked Bob what he was looking for in size of elk - he replied "a nice 300 class bull". I told Bob that what he wanted should be doable and I felt confident in my ability to deliver his wish.
Bob also wanted to know what the plan was for that morning hunt. I told Bob that we would have an elk walk in front of his bullet.

Approaching the area to hunt and parking we could already hear the sound of elk bugling in the distance, making the morning look very promising. We walked in the dark and waited for the sun to rise. Once the sun rose we were already within 125 yards from the herd of elk.

The herd bull was running around trying to gather up his cows to head for cooler timber with the temperatures already on the rise. I could hear Bob's breathing get heavier in the anticipation of the upcoming shot. I had Bob use an aspen tree to push the rifle against so he would have a good brace for the shot. The herd bull faced straight away from us. I hit my cow call to turn the bull broadside for Bob. At that moment everything was perfect and Bob took the shot.

The rest of the herd moved up the hillside into the dense ponderosa pines giving us the opportunity to walk up to Bob's bull. I told Bob at that time that it was not a 300 class bull, but a bull in the mid 360 class. The bull was an impressive 7x8. The smile on Bob's face said it all. I thought to myself that this was not bad for my first guided elk hunt.

Darryl Cameron- Rookie Wyoming Guide for Tyler Sims Outfitting LLC

DSC_0216-2.jpg
Bob Peltier with his trophy of a lifetime

Darryl has been hunting elk for numerous years guiding friends and family only. This was his first year guiding for me and he did a wonderful job.

I have been hunting the land we took this elk on for 28 years, plus we just got the score of the elk and it is 373 5/8 after 3.5 months dry time. This is a bull of a life time.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.