2010 WY trip

stenger

Three of us went to WY hunting and all three got nice animals. One got a 68 inch, another got over a 75 inch, and mine was at 72 inch. Shots were 783, 680, and 525. Only problem we had was getting are range finders to work right. Leica range finders do not work in WY!!!! They are terrible!!!!!

My Leica works perfectly everywhere, including for 7 years worth of hunting. Congrats on the bucks!

Congratulations on the bucks! As a side note Leica Geovids range perfectly fine in WY unit 115. We ranged antelope from 90 to 1140 yds with them, and on the flip side our guide was having issues with his Swaro. To be fair though, I think it had to do with the fact we were sitting in tall grass and he wasn't getting his rf about the grass and he couldn't get readings.

Thats funny we had three leica 1200 and a swaro and even used a tri-pod no luck no ranges. in the evening and early morning only as soon as the mirage got going ranging was done. i was really ****ed cause i could have shot so many nice ones but no ranges. Now in PA they work great!! I was hunting unit 47

Funny you mention that. I live in SE Wyoming and have an awful time with rangefinders on super windy days. I have always guessed that all the dirt being blown around messes with the laser.
Try finding a "hard target" when you are antelope hunting too.

I just use the duplex on my Leupold when the rangefinder doesn't work past 200yds.

I've carried my Lieca 1200 to CO, WY, and MT and it has always performed great although certain conditions can be better / worse than others. Anytime mine has decreased ranging, so has everyone else.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.