2009 speed goat pics

Jrigby

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
Here some pics to help pass the time until next season. These are unit 700 bucks all taken on public land. my brother, hunting buddy and me. you will notice that none of use make a living with a camera
ANTLOPE2007006-1.jpg
ANTLOPE2007009-1.jpg
ANTLOPE2007016-1.jpg

smallest was 13.5" and largest was 15.5"

Congratulations. Nice goats. Tell us about the rifles that were used.

Last edited:
Congratulations. Nice goats. Tell us about the rifles that were used.
My brother( 1st pic) used a Vanguard sub MOA 257 Weatherby and shot his at 315 yrds. Hunting buddy(2nd pic) used a Kimber classic 270 WSM and shot his at 450 ISH(cant remember exact yrds). I took mine with a tuned up vanguard 257 Weatherby at 368 yrds. This year there were not as many to choose from as in the past. we did all shot 2 does each, and I took one Doe at 602 with the weatherby and the other at 510 yrds. The 270 WSM had the long shot of the trip at 730 Yrds and was impressed with knock down at that distance, the 257 just dont have the mustard that I would like to see past 500 yrds. Next season I give the 6.5x284 a run and see if it turns my crank any better.

Very nice antelope. In the future if you will hold the ear up along the horn it then gives a better reference in the picture to how long the horn is.

If you want the horn to look longer you can trim and inch or so off the ear and the horn will look really enormous. :D

Very nice indeed...Nothing like huntin stories to get the blood pumpin......Looks like MT has been good to you guys.....What are the odds of non-residents to draw 700 tags?...

Randy

Very nice indeed...Nothing like huntin stories to get the blood pumpin......Looks like MT has been good to you guys.....What are the odds of non-residents to draw 700 tags?...

Randy

odds for non residents is pretty good, there a group from Minnesota that camps in the same spot down the road from us and they draw almost every year.

Excellent. Four of us went to Wyo and tagged ou on a buck and doe apiece.
I used a McGowen barreled Savage in 6.5x55. Mailed my application in today for 2010 tags.

I couldnt get the pics, but from the comments it sounds like you did alright. Congrats. Sounds like nice shooting too!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts