2008 Wyoming Antelope Hunt

jpruitt

Well, forgive me for not being a outdoor writer, but I will do my best to relay our hunting trip as best as I know how. Three cousins that I seldom get to see and enjoy and myself went to Wyoming to hunt antelope for my first time. The time spent with them on the hunt was something I will remember for ever and the hunt was great. We hunted area 30 near Douglas and the outfitter (Danny Cole) and his guide(Kurt Kamholz) were both really great. Our hunt started on October 10th and went through the !2th. Friday was mainly scout and look for something really good and spend sat. and sun. finding it back and taking that same animal. Hunting for a certain animal seems to add something to the hunt for me for some reason? Friday started out great and we were seeing lots of antelope, but by ten o'clock it was raining and by noon it was snowing like crazy and by 2:30 pm. we could not see more than 100 feet in front of us, so we had to quit for the day. I have never seen so much flat ground in my life. The wind blew as I never knew was even possible, but it was all good. One of the pretty things of the area was thur nite when I saw that the stars came all the way to the ground. Can't see the stars coming that far here because of the trees. Anyway, all three of my cousins tagged out on Friday with two cousins getting what the outfitter said to be about the average size antelope and the other cousin taking one that was said to be in the record books for sure, scoring in the mid 80's. So sat. morning came and the snow was about 4 in. deep and the whether man was saying another 6 to 8 more coming sat. nite and I was the odd man out. I told the boys to get everything loaded and I would try to get mine as soon as I could and I scored at 12:30 and at the processors by 1:30 pm. We were about 2 1/2 miles off any kind of well traveled road. The secondary roads doesn't get maintained at all in the winter and the bottom was falling out of the one we were on. All we could think was to get out as soon as possible and that was a trick in its own, but all is well that ends well as the saying goes, we all tagged out and all had a wonderful time. Can't wait until next year. Hope the whether will be better but the time with my cousins could not have been any more pleasant. A great hunting trip in all.
Till next time Jim

Last edited:
Jim,

It's good to hear you guys had a great trip and hunt. If you get a chance show us some pix. I was actually up in your area last weekend, I should have looked you up.

Jimbo,

I would post some pix, but I don't have a clue how to do it, sorry!!!!!
icon9.gif

Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.