200 yard zero

BIGJOHNT

I am sighting in my 408 using 420 grain Rocky mountain bullets . I was think for such a long range rifle a 200 yard zero is nothing. Thinking of going to a 300 yard zero. What are most of you doing on these rifles?

All that matters about zero is that it shoots good there.
That is, if it doesn't shoot well by 300, then it hardly makes sense to chose that as your zero.
Move closer.

Thanks guys . I was pretty much going to move my zero out to 300 hundred yards anyway. Just wasn't sure on these extreme long range guns, what everybody else was doing ? This 408 is built on a EDM arms rifle. I have just changed out my 50 cal barrel and am setting up my 408 for some elk hunting. :) My thread did get moved down here from Extreme long range , so that why I lost it for a few weeks.

If you have the available elevation it makes absolutely no difference.

Some ELR guns are set up so they dont have enough elevation travel to zero below 3 or 4 hundred yards.

Like mike said the most important aspect is that it needs to shoot good wherever you zero it so you can be confident it's properly zeroed.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts