200 grain Accubond

dennisinaz

I cut open a new box of these this morning and found fully half the bullets missing tips. The tips were loose in the bag with many of them turned to granular form!
The bullets had a very strong odor to them
Somehow the polymer had broken down and there was corrosion visible on the jackets and especially in the hollow points.
I opened a second box purchased the same day at same store. All bullets were pristine.
Anyone encountered this before?

Attachments

• 20220418_110821.jpg
    20220418_110821.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 20220418_104927.jpg
    20220418_104927.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 128
Did they give you an explanation?? They should have recalled them so those of us that have stock sitting on the shelf could deal with it before we need it.

They did not but I didn't ask for one either. Just figured I was the unlucky one that got a bad box that happens to slip through QC. Since then I've read post that it's happens to others as well but haven't heard what the actual cause is.

Caused by the oil that is used during the extrusion process. They have had this issue off and on for years. If not removed it melts the tips and discolours the jackets.
Early on they blamed the compound used to polish the final product….but it can't be because it is under the tips in the hollow section.

Cheers.

Had several times with 180's and 200's. They replaced no problem at all. Would not be surprised if the boxes are okd stock when they had more problem with them.

I posted this same question a few months back. It's a thing. Call Nosler. They will ask for the lot number and put you on a wait list to ship replacements. They were great to deal with but I haven't seen any replacements yet. If you need them you are S.O.L.
C8803D16-2770-4C23-94B3-08257A4FB684.jpeg

I seen this about 10 years ago in a box of .277 a friend purchased but just figured it was a fluke. He just used them for plinking since they didn't have the tips but they were cheaper and more plentiful in the old days!

Yep it happens. They are sending me a replacement box some day. Who knows when as they can't even come close to keeping up production