200 grain Accubond Nosler

G

Anybody actually killed anything over 100 lbs. with this bullet yet? Got photo of wound?

Sam,

I am wondering the same thing... What is the B.C. of this bullet, anyone know???

Usually the BC is higher when shot out of a big 30 like the Wolf or Um. probably starts life around .590 to .605

These lead bullet makers have not figured out the whole boatail design thing, so the BC drops as the bullet slows down. When you fire them out of a big gun real fast, they typically start at a higher bc than the manufacturer measured at a lower velocity.

S1,

On that subject: On another post I asked about sonic shock wave cross section affecting drag. No responses yet, maybe because of my presentation. McCoy's book has graphs that depict the Cd deminishing as mach increases, and I read elsewhere that drag is a function of shock wave cross section. True? Explain please. Reynolds Numbers or what? Would this explain your remarks about higher BC's than published(above)? Need input
confused.gif
Thanks.

I think the BC being higher is potentially a result of two things, first the higher velocities that long range shooters fire the bullets at, and also the quality of the barrels and machining in the crown area combined with better tuned loads allow the bullets to fly with less coning motion.

It is not true that CD is 1 to 1 corellated with the shock wave cross section dimensions, although it is a factor. It is true that drag can diminish, with a particular design as velocity increases.

I will not discuss the boatail design issues, or go detailed in a discussion on reducing supersonic drag although there are many books and research papers published on these subjects.

S1...just got some Accubonds for my Sako 75 300WM. Any good load data for those bullets and my rifle??
Hopefully, I'll have time this week to try them out.
I have some Retumbo laying around and really need to burn up.
Thanks, ....sakofan..

I would start at 81.0 grains of Retumbo and work up from there. The velocity is outstanding.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts