200-300 MOA adjustable rails

fiftybmg

I'm looking at adjustable rails to add 250 MOA.

So far, from what I see, the 200 MOA Valdata RAM looks like a good choice. Not the best choice, but good because of price, I can get it locally, and the MOA settings are lockable, immovable and appear to be repeatable. Downside is it's 50 MOA short, but I know a very talented machinist to enhance it to 250.

I would appreciate feedback on any similar range extender rails used, what you put them on and how they track. So far google-fu has revealed stories a few years old of micrometer-type units that don't track well, but are fine for a one-distance setup.

I'd like confirmation that I'm on the right track with this type or rail, that it is suitable for reliable field adjustments.

I hatched a cunning idea to take a .375 RUM with a 300 grain .695 BC at 2900 fps to 2 miles. On paper, I need 230 MOA at my altitude, the rail is 20 and the scope has 100 total. At sea level the calculator says I need 281 MOA, hence the 250 rail.

How deep of pockets do you have?? Buy the new March genesis tactical scope and let me know how it works. Has 400 moa of elevation adjustment.
94A1478D-A819-403C-A29B-7EB05225F96F.png

Tagging in

It looks like I need 261.2 moa or 76 mils
For two mile .

Rum Man

Last edited:
The 375 RUM is not a 2 mile caliber, but it's going to be fun to try. There's a 30 inch barrel looking for something to do.

If I tinker with it for a year, and only end up with a consistent one mile or one and a half mile shooter, it'll be a year well spent.

I say go for it ! Sounds like a great time to me . I have a quest to hit 2 miles too , it's been fun working my way up !
I'm getting that Adj base here very soon .

Rum Man

The 375 RUM is not a 2 mile caliber, but it's going to be fun to try. There's a 30 inch barrel looking for something to do.

If I tinker with it for a year, and only end up with a consistent one mile or one and a half mile shooter, it'll be a year well spent.

I know, I mean he was shooting a bullet with much less drop so he could get away with a slanted base and still make it work with a giant cheek riser...imagine how big of a riser you will need to get proper eye alignment? Not to mention you'll most likely be seeing your barrel in the bottom half of your field of view.

I would personally be looking into around a 150moa base plus a scope with another 100 and with a MOA reticle for another 50 or so in it instead of making it all up with a huge base.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.