20 Nosler

The 20 Nosler is SAAMI approved but never announced by Nosler so I don't understand your "stalled" statement. The Small Nosler case is ~83% the capacity of the Dasher and ~77% of the 250 case so I don't comprehend how you would expect the Nosler case to compete.
Furman, we don't know each other so I can't tell if you are that unhappy with what I said but I'll be happy to change it.

They put the data on their web site, released the SAAMI specs, on open web sites.
For a while, they had a splash page on their site which later came down.

But you call it what you like, and I'll call those publications an announcement.
https://www.nosler.com/20-nosler

I consider it stalled when they don't sell it after more than five years and after going that far with publishing table and SAAMI specs.

Maybe I should have called it... Not announced and not stalled? Maybe some day they will run with it, who knows. I will be happy to call that anything you like if it makes your life easier.

I am aware of the case capacity, again that is because they published it, (you know when they didn't announce it...) on their load data from a 24" bbl. But unless your math is that different than mine, they show 36 grains, which isn't that big a ratio compared to a BR.

A 20 BR case is roughly 37.9 grains capacity, so 37.9 versus 36.0 is roughly 95%
A 20 Dasher is roughly 38.2 grains capacity, so 38.2 versus 36.0 is roughly 94.2%

I guess I don't comprehend how you are getting 83%? But I don't really mind either. Happy to call that anything you like.

I never said the 20 Nosler should compete with the 20 D or 20-250, but like him I was hoping for 3600 fps since the 20 BR can do that with margin and that case difference isn't huge.

rcol317's effort got around 3525 - 3575 which was pretty good yet just short of 3600.

If we think about it, he got within 99.3% of it, that isn't hard to comprehend, but I'll be happy to change my language for you if you like.

So the main point was the OP was gracious enough to share his work, and we were both a little disappointed it didn't get to 3600 fps.
It may not be 3600, but it is accurate and the coyotes are going to hate it just the same.

With their load tables, (you know the ones they didn't announce), showing 3800 fps with a 40 grain bullet in a 24" bbl, there was some hope the OPs would do a little better speed wise, but 3575 is close enough to 3600 and he is happy with the accuracy so I am happy for him.

Anyway, I'll be setting out with 22-250 as parent brass that is announced and easy to comprehend. YMMV

Furman, we don't know each other so I can't tell if you are that unhappy with what I said but I'll be happy to change it.

They put the data on their web site, released the SAAMI specs, on open web sites.
For a while, they had a splash page on their site which later came down.

But you call it what you like, and I'll call those publications an announcement.
https://www.nosler.com/20-nosler

I consider it stalled when they don't sell it after more than five years and after going that far with publishing table and SAAMI specs.

Maybe I should have called it... Not announced and not stalled? Maybe some day they will run with it, who knows. I will be happy to call that anything you like if it makes your life easier.

I am aware of the case capacity, again that is because they published it, (you know when they didn't announce it...) on their load data from a 24" bbl. But unless your math is that different than mine, they show 36 grains, which isn't that big a ratio compared to a BR.

A 20 BR case is roughly 37.9 grains capacity, so 37.9 versus 36.0 is roughly 95%
A 20 Dasher is roughly 38.2 grains capacity, so 38.2 versus 36.0 is roughly 94.2%

I guess I don't comprehend how you are getting 83%? But I don't really mind either. Happy to call that anything you like.

I never said the 20 Nosler should compete with the 20 D or 20-250, but like him I was hoping for 3600 fps since the 20 BR can do that with margin and that case difference isn't huge.

rcol317's effort got around 3525 - 3575 which was pretty good yet just short of 3600.

If we think about it, he got within 99.3% of it, that isn't hard to comprehend, but I'll be happy to change my language for you if you like.

So the main point was the OP was gracious enough to share his work, and we were both a little disappointed it didn't get to 3600 fps.
It may not be 3600, but it is accurate and the coyotes are going to hate it just the same.

With their load tables, (you know the ones they didn't announce), showing 3800 fps with a 40 grain bullet in a 24" bbl, there was some hope the OPs would do a little better speed wise, but 3575 is close enough to 3600 and he is happy with the accuracy so I am happy for him.

Anyway, I'll be setting out with 22-250 as parent brass that is announced and easy to comprehend. YMMV
No emotions in my post. I am simply trying to understand your statement. I do seem to remember the 20 Nosler was longer than the 22 nosler so my numbers are incorrect and you are correct that the gap would be smaller. I personally don't understand anyone wanting to run a 22 Nosler or a version of it in a bolt gun when there are several better options for the guy using factory ammo and even more for the wildcatter. I have had a couple 20brs and that case is as big as I would want in a 20cal. That is as much throat erosion as I would want in a varmint type rifle. I do think the 20 Nosler would be neat in an AR platform but I would expect it to underperform just as the 22 did. Post #24 is describing what I described in an earlier post as is well documented on other forums on the internet. I would expect something like a 20-22 beast(or 20-6mm Hagar however you want to look at it) to outperform the Nosler case even though it is most likely slightly smaller case capacity. In any case experimenting with 20 caliber cartridges is fun.

Yup I could have gone the 20-250 route but I've come to appreciate less powder more efficient case. My 280 AI shoots along side my 7mm RM with far less powder and recoil, same with my 20 SCC and the 204 Ruger. While I didn't expect to get same velocity as 20-250 I hoped with case capacity I'd get a little more than I did. I get 3300 / 3350 FPS with 55's in my 20 PPC so thought 4-5 grains more powder would get maybe 300 feet.

I'm still convinced with the 20 Nosler I'll get more enjoyment with recoil and barrel life than if I were shooting a 20-250 or 20 Dasher. I'm pleased with the end results. Agree the 20's are a lot of fun for sure.