20 MOA Rail For Close Up Shots?

Sam C

I have a Tikka t3x Roughtech Ember with a medium a contour barrel and a Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44mm scope. Would I be able to take an occasional close up shot, say under 40 yards in a hunting situation with that setup?
Thanks, Sam

The VX-5HD has 75MOA internal adjustment, so
Iif you are zeroed in at 100 the POI would be negligible!
What cartridge are you running?

As said, with a 100y zero, it's negligible. You'd be high by like a 1/4 inch at 75y.
The 20 moa rail is not really a factor. Its more a factor of how many more ups you get, and where you mechanical zero ends up in relation to the erector/return spring.

You won't have any problems with that setup. I would however, encourage you to actually shoot it at 40yds. You'll be able to confirm exactly how much POI shift there is and boost your confidence at the same time.

t

You won't have any problems with that setup. I would however, encourage you to actually shoot it at 40yds. You'll be able to confirm exactly how much POI shift there is and boost your confidence at the same time.

t
Thank you Outlaw

I have a Tikka t3x Roughtech Ember with a medium a contour barrel and a Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44mm scope. Would I be able to take an occasional close up shot, say under 40 yards in a hunting situation with that setup?
Thanks, Sam

You also always have the option of an offset red dot. I use these when hunting hogs for the ones that occasionally charge us. Makes for a bit more fun as well.

I've shot a sagerat at 10 yards with my SWFA fixed 10X on a 60 MOA rail. For my rifle that shot was -1.3" drop. At 40 yards you'd be low around 0.5". Like everyone said it'll be just fine.