20 moa base question

KurtB

Okay guys, riddle me this one please. If I put a 20 moa base on a rig of mine can I expect differences in long range turret dialing? Specifically it seems to me that having a 20 moa base will of course yield longer range shooting capability, but it seems that it would impact the amount of travel per click versus a scope that is parallel to the bore. Overthinking it or does a ballistic software package take that into account? Did not see it on JBM. Thank you

You are indeed over thinking it. It does not affect click value. It does however allow you to use more of the elevation adjustment built into your scope, that is located "below your zero" if you will.

Jeff

You are indeed over thinking it. It does not affect click value. It does however allow you to use more of the elevation adjustment built into your scope, that is located "below your zero" if you will.

Jeff

this i have a 20 on my .308 but if you get a base that is to big your zero will be at like 500 yds i am putting a 40moa on my 338lapua and i should be fine but some of the guys over seas have 50s and 60s on there sniper rifles for those extream long world records shots we hear about.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.