20-60X-80mm Spotting Scopes

I have both of the newest Swarovski 65 and 80 HD versions. They are superb although I have no real way of testing them against other good ones. I have left my 65 out on one of my 24 foot high hunting towers/stands for a couple months now in all kinds of weather. In the best light conditions I can see 7mm holes at 900 yards.

Goddamn it! Between the cases just made by Vince and Len for the respective scopes in question, I've gone from almost having made up my mind about this matter to being right back at square one!

Vince, sparing myself a few ounces isn't really a concern for me in a matter such as this. Everything else you've said, however, speaks directly to what is. Your evaluation of the Pentax is very compelling.

But Len, what you have to say about the Swarovski HDs is no less exciting. Specifically, if the Swarovski 65mm HD model allows one to see holes punched by calibre .284 projectiles 900 yards out, then I would think that the 80mm HD model would allow one to see holes punched by calibre .308 projectiles up to or slightly beyond 1100 yards out.

Vince, how far out can you see the holes made by your .300 RUM with the subject Pentax scope?

Dave

[ 10-11-2003: Message edited by: Houston Boy ]

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.