20” 6.5prc help

Dirt_Nap

i built a lightweight hunting rifle with a 20" Proof cf barrel. I'm looking to hunt with the 143 or 147 bullets. Any suggestions on where to start with load development? I'm leaning towards 4831sc or H4350 mainly because I have it on hand. Didn't know if since I have a 20" barrel I should try something else. Thx

H4831sc wouldn't be a bad option, maybe even one of the better ones for a short barrel due to it's faster burn rate compared to some of the other popular powders for cartridges in that category, such as H1000, Retumbo, Reloder 26, VV 560 and 565, and so on. H4350 would likely work well too, but I would lean towards H4831sc, I have always been able to get very accurate loads using it, even if it didn't produce the highest velocity.

I have that exact setup and mine really likes Retumbo and H1000. I'm right at 60.0 grains of Retumbo with the 143 ELDX and 59.0 grains of H1000 with a 140 Berger VLD for best accuracy. ELDX is going 2880 and Berger 2790.

i built a lightweight hunting rifle with a 20" Proof cf barrel. I'm looking to hunt with the 143 or 147 bullets. Any suggestions on where to start with load development? I'm leaning towards 4831sc or H4350 mainly because I have it on hand. Didn't know if since I have a 20" barrel I should try something else. Thx
I've heard and read some real positives about Winchester Powder's entry in to the 6.5 Powder game. Looks to be a very acceptable alternative to RL26 and H1009. Does anyone have experience with this Powder?

This is a 4 year old thread, so may not be relevant to the op's post, however....

Staball 6.5 has worked alright in a couple guns I tried it in, however with the other H extreme series powders starting to come back in stock, I probably won't use much of it, as it seemed a little more picky to load with, and certainly more dirty. However, ymmv. I know some people really like it.