20” 30 caliber short mag, 300SAUM, WSM or Sherman Short

Unless you want to shoot monos. The 205 badlands SBDII's require an 8.5 twist. That is getting somewhat specialized though.....
I completely agree. Stay within the recommended twist or faster for whatever particular mono you chose recommends. I've always found the Berger Stability Factor Calculator helpful for determining proper twist rate, bullet, and velocity combination.

Playing around in Quickdesign and Quickload it looks like the WSM has a ~125fps advantage over the SAUM. But it would have to be run in a medium length or long action to seat the bullet above the neck/shoulder junction. I don't know if I want to jump into the pool of limited receiver, bottom metal, stock options and I'm finding very few stocks that are inletted for a medium action.

If I did the SAUM, I *should* be able to use the same bushing dies for the 6.5 SAUM and 300 SAUM provided I make the improved case dimensions the same (except the bore diameter of course). I can also set the 178 ELDX @ 2.965" and use either a 3" internal box or the Hawkins Hunter DBM.

All advantages lean toward the SAUM for me but I like speed as long as it's accurate and the WSM does have the advantage of ADG brass.

Still pondering……..🧐

Playing around in Quickdesign and Quickload it looks like the WSM has a ~125fps advantage over the SAUM. But it would have to be run in a medium length or long action to seat the bullet above the neck/shoulder junction. I don't know if I want to jump into the pool of limited receiver, bottom metal, stock options and I'm finding very few stocks that are inletted for a medium action.

If I did the SAUM, I *should* be able to use the same bushing dies for the 6.5 SAUM and 300 SAUM provided I make the improved case dimensions the same (except the bore diameter of course). I can also set the 178 ELDX @ 2.965" and use either a 3" internal box or the Hawkins Hunter DBM.

All advantages lean toward the SAUM for me but I like speed as long as it's accurate and the WSM does have the advantage of ADG brass.

Still pondering……..🧐
ADG makes 6.5 and 7 SAUM brass too. Just neck it up to 30 cal.