2 Years of Importing Hensoldt with No Warranty Returns!!

Irregardless of scope preference. I give credit where credit is deserved and IMHO Hensoldt warranty record is impressive.

What advantages? It ain't optics, and S&B is very rpecise and repeatable IME.

Hi Guys

I actually do own the Hensoldt 6-24x72 ---- S&B PMII 5-25x56 (double turn turret) ---- Swarovski Z6i 5-30x50 and use the Leica APO-Televid_50x82 Spotting scope

To compare the glass on any is extremely difficult given the different lens sizes and magnification. I can say however that I can not see anyone being disappointed with the glass in any of them – the difference is so small that you can look one day and say the Swarovski is best then the next day say the S&B or Hensoldt is best.

In Europe S&B give the best warranty (30 year) and Hensoldt the worst (only 2 year here – the factory say its because it is built for the military) S&B do not sell the military version of the PMII to the general public so the warranty comparison may not be fair.

The S&B double turn turret in my opinion is the best there is – very easy to read, very positive clicks and always on the button when doing tracking tests.
The Hensoldt turrets I do not like; because they do not align correctly with the markings. I thought this was a problem with my scope but Hensoldt factory pointed out to me to a page in the manual that says this is normal!!

I prefer the non stop rheostat type illuminated reticule on the Hensoldt best
I like the "push button" type illuminated reticule on the Swarovski least

If I could only have one scope from the three it would be the S&B PMII every time – it just ticks all the boxes for me.

But I repeat you cannot go wrong with any of the top 3 manufacturers – my only real regret with the Hensoldt is that I did not buy it from your side of the pond and get the lifetime warranty.

All the best

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.