2 very long years latter!

wyomingblizzard

After two very long years of waiting for my 338 Allen Mag from Kirby Allen, I ended up with one hellava good rifle! After break in, scope testing and load work up I have a full blown shooter. Not only does it shoot, it looks good too. Kirby kept telling me the wait would be worth it and he was right. The first time shooting one of these big rifles in the wind will simply amaze you. For an example, this weekend I was shooting at 1007 yards. My 308 win. With 185 juggernauts at 2750, wind was gusting 12 to 17 at 8 oclock dial up was 29 moa with 9 moa wind. The 338 A.M. With a 300 grn. Otm at 3350 fps. Dial up was 14.5 moa and only 2 moa windage. The 308 scattered hits the full width of my 24"steel, the A.M. were well under 1/2 moa. This comming week end I will go to country where I have rocks already picked out to a mile and see it does. When I get a chance I will post some pictures.

Shooting at rocks! That's crazy. LOL. My brother and I would drive miles in the hills looking for pretty rocks to shoot at! It's fun when the spotter yells out...She's smoking, (when the bullet hits the rock). Ahhh, the good old days.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.