2 Stage Triggers

2 stage. To me it's the best of both worlds. Since I prefer a 2.5-3lb trigger pull in a hunting rig, and around a pound in my target rifles, the two stage wins for me.

For target use, I simply take up the first stage and now I only have the light second stage to break. For hunting, I don't even notice the stages when squeezing off a shot on an animal.

I find that two stage triggers allow me to set the trigger a bit lighter. With a single stage trigger on a hunting rifle I don't set it as light because I worry about an unexpected discharge. I have used both extensively and don't find I am any more accurate with one than the other but I started out with two stage triggers on the old military surplus rifles so I feel comfortable with them.

I find that two stage triggers allow me to set the trigger a bit lighter. With a single stage trigger on a hunting rifle I don't set it as light because I worry about an unexpected discharge. I have used both extensively and don't find I am any more accurate with one than the other but I started out with two stage triggers on the old military surplus rifles so I feel comfortable with them.
Same. I started with a BRNO model-3 (I think) and I got used to the extra control and predictability of the second stage break point. I know exactly when it will break and I can time my jitter accordingly.

That the problem with triggers. You can't get a trigger for that stile of action. I have over the years had trigger place in all my rifles, and lighten up pistols triggers. I am having a triggerTex being place in my newest rifle, Single stage. I was interduces to them last year. I am looking forward to use that trigger. From what I have finger the trigger, but not really actually use one in a shooting sitting yet. I was very impressed. It seem to me: No creep, no hard spots, short pull, which is what I want in a trigger. So school is still out for me. I prefer Mauser 98 actions for hunting, because of the safety set up. It can't go off safety unless you turn it. It can't be moved any other way. I know it's not the go to action, but it's my personal feeling. To each their own and that's find with me.

I love my 2 stage triggers for both target shooting and hunting. I feel like there's more predictability and safety involved with it. I can pull the first stage and be like, nope that don't feel right, readjust my finger and try again or I can pull it through the first stage and be like uh, nope not a good shot……it just gives me time to study things.

I have a two stage trigger on all my ar rifles and I love them. Like was said above, it allows me to make sure everything is right before it breaks. That being said, in my magnum bolt rifles, I don't think I'd like it. I have all single stage timneys and trigger techs In them set to 1.25-2 pounds. I feel like in the magnums, I want to be surprised by the break so as to avoid any chance at flinching. Not that I have a habit of flinching, but that's just one more variable I can eliminate.