2 rifles for Alaska

RH300UM

I am looking for guys who have experience withe the Pelican storm 3300 and 2 rifles
Can I use it to take 2 rifles and 2 containers of ammo in if ?

I haven't traveled to Alaska in 10 years now, but the last time I did ammo had to be in a separate container or locking bag
I travel each year there. 2 times a year. But just 1 rifle goes with me. Ammo is in the rifle case each time.
2023 I will need 2 rifles for the first time in my travels to the state.
Looks like if I get new foam inserts for my pelican storm 3300 I can get 2 rifles in it

I've always had to have ammo in my other bag with ak airlines. Dunno how many times I've flown with guns, one twice this year but some years much more than that, with shipping getting the way it is my last trip down was a 3300 and several barreled actions headed for lower 48 smith's.

It's a 23 lbd case so that's often my limiting factor as I'm not wild about over weight bags. Traditional sporter rifles with average sized scopes 2x is doable. Vertical foregrip stock and a big turret scope.... it's gonna probably be a no go.

You'll just have to see if your rifles will fit in there. Some of my 28" barrels won't fit with the muzzle brakes attached. And as already mentioned, some stock and scope combinations will be too wide to fit two rifles in that case.

Alaska Airlines and TSA allow me to place ammo inside my hard locked rifle case. Not sure why the differing experiences with ammo in the gun cases.

TSA and federal regulations allow ammunition to be in the same case as the rifle. Most airlines have policies that prohibit that. They want the ammunition in a separate bag. Depends on your airline's policies.
I have taken a rifle to 4 African countries and Kyrgyzstan. Never to Alaska. In each case my ammunition has been required to be in a separate bag. Check with your airline. If in question then pack them separately.
Bruce

I am looking for guys who have experience withe the Pelican storm 3300 and 2 rifles
Can I use it to take 2 rifles and 2 containers of ammo in if ?

Most airlines have weight requirement for ammo....they are not all the same do your homework.

50lb checked baggage limit will be the down fall of the two rifle case.....generally.

No experience with the 3300 but the 3410 has been great for me.

Alaska Air is fine with ammo in the gun case. Has to be factory packaging or in a hard case where it can't roll around. I've always just kept it in my Checked Bags

I travel each year there. 2 times a year. But just 1 rifle goes with me. Ammo is in the rifle case each time.
2023 I will need 2 rifles for the first time in my travels to the state.
Looks like if I get new foam inserts for my pelican storm 3300 I can get 2 rifles in it
Leave the foam at home and use the space to pack more of your gear. Great place to put your insulation, jackets, etc