thumbnail_IMG_0950.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 359
  • thumbnail_IMG_0938.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0938.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 351
  • thumbnail_IMG_0944.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0944.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 348
morning, I join u fishing. I go to lake Amistad once a month.
here in TX. fishing is one of my loves. catch and release.
shooting, hunting hogs and coyotes in the same breath.
another old guy.
justme gbot tum

Those are some dandie trout.....
Bet they both gave ya a scare when you saw the size....
Both would look awesome mounted on a wall for the memories....
But i betcha took them home and etm'

morning, I join u fishing. I go to lake Amistad once a month.
here in TX. fishing is one of my loves. catch and release.
shooting, hunting hogs and coyotes in the same breath.
another old guy.
justme gbot tum
Hey Just Country, my mom and dad fished Amistad from the late 70's through 2005. We used mainly one guide for the first years. Became real close friends with him. Then dad got so good at reading the lake and knowing where we rarely ever used the guide but always kept in touch to let him know where we were finding fish. Was a lot of fun in the 70's thru the 90's, then trouble on the other side kept us on the American side only. Dad was a catch and release guy the last 25 years he fished, great lake!!

morning, we fish lake falcon in the spring, really big bass,
summer we fish lake Amistad. the wind has been a problem
even in a 21ft bass boat. we fish marker 15 and other areas
where the hydrala is growing. the lake is low now.
leave the 27th to fish. justme gbot tum

Nice fish, and a nice way for a couple of old friends to spend a day. Better yet a week or even more.
How deep did you find those, and were you trolling?
The Rainbow was in 42fow and I was using a Fly rod with deep sink 7 on with 12ft of lead core then 12ft of fluorocarbon with a swivel 4ft from end then a Black Wooly Bugger trolling with a 55# Mini Kota at 50% and I was too backing .. also ripping the fly the lake is in Jasper National Park valley but is one of those no tellum lakes .. the Brook Trout was in 20fow and trolling too with full sink 7 n Black Wooly Bugger .. the local guides know where this lake is . here is a 6#6oz male that was caught last weekend by a Fly Fisherman n posted it on Alberta Outdoorsmen forum
IMG_0518.jpg

Have you ever considered a small manual downrigger to get you down to the fish? That way just the normal line would work. Of coarse theres no working the lure if you do that. There are also release devices that drop the weight when a fish hits. Regardless, very nice and especially on the long rods. I'll bet the long Crappie rods would work well also. Especially the ones designed for spider rig trolling. Check it out on you tube.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.