2 more questions

rangerxp

Ok, so I've decided to put a muzzle brake on my 700 SPS. Is threading the barrel something that I can do (I'm not very mechanical) or should a smith be involved? Also, can I bed the action on my SPS considering it is all synthetic? Thanks in advance.

rangerxp,
Unless you have a lathe and some machining skills you will need to have a smith thread your barrel and install the brake.Depending on the brake style some will need to be indexed.It is a realtively simple process if you have the right equipment and know how. Here is a couple pix of brakes I manufacture and install which need indexing.

I have seen benefit from pillar bedding a synthetic stock, but if you are planning on upgrading your stock in the future then I would recommend waiting.

FWIW,
308nate
v3.jpg

JJ2-1.jpg

I really know nothing about brakes or any of the many mods that you guys talk about on here, but I'm learning. This site has taught me alot already. The Harrells brake was recomended to me by bountyhunter on another post. That one sounds pretty good to me from what he said. I doubt I have a smith around here (Pinehurst, NC) so I guess I will have to mail it off. Do you provide this service and how long of a process is this normally?

Rangerxp,
Yes, I do offer this service as well as other gunsmiths on the board.The Harrells brake is a good brake for the money.
Brake instalations are usually fairly quick turnaround. If you are interested give me a call or send an e-mail my number is 701-880-3276.
308nate

[ QUOTE ]
rangerxp,

308nate
v3.jpg

JJ2-1.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi 308 Nate the breaks look awsome with the top V port and the engraving a top looking brake

Cheers Bill
Australia

rangerxp,
Regarding your call the other day........ I don't have your number or e-mail so if you could
send me an e-mail or give me a call if you are still interested in me putting a brake on your gun as I am waiting on some parts for another project and would be able to fit your job in next week.
308nate

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.