2 guns 2 calibers. Need some advice

If I was to have only 2, it would be a .308 Win and 300 RUM (although my 338 Lapua also makes alot of sense).

The gun I shoot long range with the most, by far, is my Rem700 .308. I have it bedded into B&C Light tactical, and shooting out to 700 yards is pretty easy. Today, I would pick up a Savage. As discussed, these rifles offer full component interchangability "at-home" (barrel, bolt heads, bolt handles, etc.). This opens a lot of options that I am interested in - with simple tools to swap out a few parts and pre-chambered barrel(s), you can go from .308 Win to 7WSM to 6mmBR in a day at the range. The versatility is very appealing and no one can argue with the reknowned accuracy of Savages. Aftermarket options are many. If I need to downsize my selection, one Savage will replace the several.

My second would be a magnum that starts to warm up at 700 yards. For me, it would be my 1st and still favorite long range rifle; my Sendero 300 RUM is an outstanding package. I was/am so impressed with that rifle, that I bought a 2nd, light 'Mountain Rifle' M700 in 300 RUM. These basically factory rifles are also among the most accurate rifles I have seen. Remington did something very right with the RUM case design and their M700. An A3 is en route for the Sendero, and I am sure this is going to be my main LR Rig that I plan on testing to the limit. After that, I should have a pretty good idea if rebarreling to 7 mm Rem Mag or .338 Edge makes more sense. I have been extremely impressed with the accuracy of all my M700's.

But Two won't do for me....

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.